Best media for Sony CRX175a

vbimport

Can anyone pls tell me what's the best media for both audio and data for this type of writer. Thanks and Regards. And what software to use.

Taiyo Yuden is a brand that works good with nearly all writers. Same goes for mitsui toatsu.

I dont think we have that here, I always see the brands like kodak, mitsubishi, verbatim, imation, tdk, sony and other generics. Which one of these is better? Thanks so much for the reply :slight_smile:

I’ll sort the mentioned brands like this(Best first):

Kodak
TDK(depends on where you live…may be made by different manufacturers)
Verbatim (made by mitsubishi)
Mitsubishi
Sony
Imation

Your writer is a labeled one and could be Liteon or AOpen.
If it is AOpen, then we can’t help you, since it’s inpredictable which brand (this is not a fault; I did not intent to add a plural s) of cd-r a AOpen writes. But I can promise that it will not write Mitsubishi 24x.

If the generics in your country are sold by manufacturer just like here, try to get your hands on some Prodisc or Princo media, cheap and very reliable and compatible.

Originally posted by alexnoe
Your writer is a labeled one and could be Liteon or AOpen.
If it is AOpen, then we can’t help you, since it’s inpredictable which brand (this is not a fault; I did not intent to add a plural s) of cd-r a AOpen writes. But I can promise that it will not write Mitsubishi 24x.

How will I know if I have AOPEN or Liteon inside my Sony CRX175a drive? Thanks :slight_smile:

Check the firmware version.

A Lite-On should have a 4 digit/letters long firmware version number.

> try to get your hands on some Prodisc or Princo media,

Prodisc is not too bad, but the princo i saw were crap media (although their dvd-r(w) are even worse)

Originally posted by OC-Freak
[B]Check the firmware version.

A Lite-On should have a 4 digit/letters long firmware version number. [/B]

Mine is 1.0h, is this LiteOn?

@HumbleHyper: Most definitely not a Litey. I’m not sure if it’s AOpen either, but it could be.

@AlexNoe: What was the speed rating on your princos? I’ve had low C1 (<1.0 avg, <10 max) with both 16x and 24x ones.