Best media for pioneer 107?

i buy my media from svp in the uk, but im confused by all the different versions of the same dye type. all i want is a good reliable/compatible dvd-r disc. they have two that are about the same price £8.48 and 8.50 one says its a inkjet printable ritek G05 another is a ANV ritek G05. i dont really need 8x but i thought they should be better quality, if i burn them at 4x. or should i just go for the orange labeled ritek g04’s. help im confused, and cant afford yudys.

i have ritek ridata g04 and they have work very well with my pio 107d
ritek g05 its a very good choice, maybe the best , due the diference of money.
g05 you can burn a 8x and have a good burn.
in my opinion ill just buy ridata g05 x8.

Yo-

Taiyo Yuden - best you can buy…

Mike

TYG02 is good, but IMO MXL RG03 is just a bit better. If you don’t need to buy 100 discs you can just go for Verbatim Pastel 8x media which is Taiyo Yuden, should be more affordable that way.

so what other than yudys should i buy from svp?

I bought a pioneer 107 a couple of months ago and I’ve had some discs from SVP for it. I only use discs for backing up dvd’s, firmware 1.18, dvdshrink3.2.

Here’s what I’ve had.

Verbatim (4x) 4.7Gb DVD+R jewel case…40 of them and no failures

Verbatim Printable (4x) DVD-R Disc in Spindle Tubs of 50…no failures

Taiyo Yuden (8x) Unbranded DVD-R Tub of 100…55 used so far, no failures

Verbatim (4x) Pastel Coloured DVD-R (Taiyo Yuden dye)…used 2 out of 8 packs and no failures.

I’m classing no failure as disc burns, ejects, and plays perfectly in my standalone players.

I’m sticking with DVD-R for my own reasons, and in future will probably stick with taiyo yuden, (but the printable top ones, the unbranded tops can pick up finger prints 10 feet away.)

Hello everybody

I recently bought a 107, everything was well until I decided to write using 8x media. I got one pack of 5 Verbatim DVD+R discs and one of 5 Verbatim DVD-R discs.

Concerning the DVD+R, DVDDecrypter report they have the disc ID “YUDEN000-T02-00”, supported speeds 2,4x; 4x; 6x; 8x.
As for the DVD-R, the manufacturer is supposed to be “TYG02”, and supported speeds are 1x; 2x; 4x; 6x; 8x

I flashed the 107 with the firmware version 1.18 (patched by >NIL:). I have DMA enabled. The system CAN manage to write at 8x. And it could already write and rewrite many times a TDK 4x DVD+RW at 4x.

So why it looks like the 107 cannot burn those 8x Verbatim but at their minimum velocities (1x for DVD-R and 2,4x for DVD+R)? It happens both with DVDDecrypter 3.5.1.0 and with Nero 6.6.0.1

Hints anyone?

Thanks and have a good week-end
/\iki//eko

for this drive, many branded media work well.

Neat reply, even if you say nothing more than what I could already read everywhere on the 'net. But I’m now interested in my 107D and the media I’m trying to burn, that is Verbatim 8x DVD+R and DVD-R…

Thank for your reply
/\iki//eko