Best media for 107

With all the experience at this forum, what is the best (most compatible) media , that you have found for the 107d …+ and -

Ritek GO4’s burnt at 6x are a treat(you can easily burn at 8x if you wish).
Most ritek media is class anyway but to be able to overlcok it and get great results can’t be a bad thing.
note you need Nils patched firmware to do this(see appropriate thread).
There may be eventually be a patch to enable 8x with 4x + media but I don’t use + so couldn’t care less about that.
If you need a link to the firmware drop me a pm but it is on another thread here(use flashmans link it has everything you need!).

I am having great success burning these media at 8x (using NIL’s patched firmware

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R (TYG01 - Simply the best -R media that money can buy) - look for TDK DVD-R 4x made in Japan

Moser Baer DVD-R (MBI01RG20) Look for Media Cache DVD-R 4x

Verbatim Datalife Plus (MCC01RG20) DVD-R 4x

Still waiting for 8x media to surface in Australia.

Princo and Datawrite is the best so far for the Pioneer 107. They both write at 8x without having coasters or read error. If u want to burn cheap media like Bulqpak orange u can burn them at 6x for better result. Some of my clients using Princo at 8x no complaint at all, So Princo Cheap and reliable:D Enjoy DVD backup;)

Originally posted by dipu
Princo and Datawrite is the best so far for the Pioneer 107. They both write at 8x without having coasters or read error. If u want to burn cheap media like Bulqpak orange u can burn them at 6x for better result. Some of my clients using Princo at 8x no complaint at all, So Princo Cheap and reliable:D Enjoy DVD backup;)

this is not true with all princo based media
if you want the best results with princo burn them @ 6x
most of it wont even burn @ 8x

There are lots of princo based media on the Market. Bulqpak is one of them. Princo White top Princo logo 1-4x burn at 8x and Datwrite Orange 4x burn at 8x but Bulqpak only at 6x. the White top(no logo of Princo)princo burn 6x only even 4x sometimes. It depends what grade media u use. Most of the Princo in market are B- grade even worst. there are lots Bad media under Princo base. But i burnt Princologo white top 1-4x media 8x without having probs.

All tubs of 25:
So far i have used Mirror 4x Go4`s At 8x with 99% success

Bulkpaq Orange 4x Princo At 8x 97%.

New Bulkpaq Printables 4x Prodisc3 At 8x 89%, the last 6 in the tub of 25 ended up with loads of errors?..S*DS lol.

Verbs 4x At 8x 100%…

Regards
Media Manic

me too. verbatim 4x @ 8x 100%.

G04 best @ 6x.

Ive noticed a few blurbs about RICOH media having bad results with the 107…When ofiice max had the 100 pack of ARITA dvd +r on sale for 39.00, I took advantage of the deal… Turns out these were RICOH media +r. With a LOT of burns, not one coaster… they play on all stand alone players I’ve tried…Any comments?

Well I tried a totally scratched up B-Grade overprint Ricoh +R on the 107 (it was my test DVD to see what the drive was made of, lol). Apart from the last 0.5Gb which were up and down due to the sheer weight of scratches and blemishes on the disc it burned fine, and the PI/PO errors as read on a LiteOn DVD-166 were low. So I see no problem.

I’ve been testing the 107 and NEC 2500A drives and have to say that these are two seriously compatible drives with bad media… light years ahead of the 105 which was good to start with :slight_smile:

Originally posted by narrw
Ive noticed a few blurbs about RICOH media having bad results with the 107…When ofiice max had the 100 pack of ARITA dvd +r on sale for 39.00, I took advantage of the deal… Turns out these were RICOH media +r. With a LOT of burns, not one coaster… they play on all stand alone players I’ve tried…Any comments?

Some of us have not been so fortunate with this media.

Some of us have found that a KProbe scan of the burnt Ricoh DVD+R media is wildly out of spec.

Replace Some with LOTS.

Originally posted by ukred11
this is not true with all princo based media
if you want the best results with princo burn them @ 6x
most of it wont even burn @ 8x

I have a spindle of Princo discs here, numbered differently from previous batches:

Printed on the Inner ring is 4x and the batch # isB0692401…

The 4x is separated from the rest of the batch

These Princos (bought only a few days ago) are barely suitable for writing at 2x let alone 4x

Avoid Princo like the Plague!!!

I’ve heard a bunch of excuses as to why Princo media is bad, ranging from different factories (H0* media is apparently produced in Hsin-Chu, B0* in China in converted CDR factories; the H media is said to be better) to “media produced for Eastern Europe/Africa”(!!!)

Every spool I get seems to be a different batch – at least stuff from e-net (Bulkpaq/Datawrite etc) is.

Is Princo’s QC off or is it unscrupulous dealers? They sure seem to be able to put out good Princo media when it suits them (new disc come out, trying to salvage a bad name from multiple bad batches etc etc).

On a good day, Princo can produce some of the most compatible media I’ve ever come across. On a bad day… well…

I have bookmarked this thread, but can we make this a sticky? (just suggestion.)

We don’t have quite as much range of choice in Australia (yet).

I really like what I’m getting with some new DVD-R’s being sold under the TEAC name. These are actually made by Imation:

Media ID:
00000000 00 6C 00 00 01 40 C1 FD 9E D8 52 00 02 87 0E 15 .l…@…R…
00000010 98 9A 90 00 03 43 4D 43 20 4D 41 00 04 47 2E 20 …CMC MA…G.
00000020 41 46 31 00 05 CC C0 00 00 00 01 00 06 0B 10 11 AF1…

These discs are actually only a little more expensive than Princo, and the quality is very very good.

They burn excellently at 4x (Pioneer 106D and Pioneer 107D and even Liteon 811S) and also burn very well at 8x using modified firmware on the 107D

There are also Ritek G04’s now finally appearing on EBay (Australia) but I haven’t tried these yet, some people report varying results (some v good some v bad)

IMO: (DVD-R media anyway)

If it’s irreplaceable, - use Taiyo Yuden TYG01 or Mitsubishi MCC01RG20 / Moser Baer MBI01RG20
If it’s a good movie - use CMC / Imation
If it really doesn’t matter that much: - Use Princo, AN31 or AN32