Best LiteOn for C1 WSES or CD-Doctor

Which is the best LiteOn for measuring C1 information with WSES or with CD-Doctor?

I would assume that one of the 6S series, but they all (2B and up) work!

I own a LTR-48246S and a LTR-52246S, but I am not satisfied with the accuracy of the C1 Information with CD-Doctor.

The results are not synchron to the errors and C2 Information on several error disks like Philips SBC444A etc.

So I am pretty sure, that with the Mediatek 6 Chipset and with CD-Doctor and WSES, the C1 information is not correct.

I don’t believe that any of the error–measuring tools are reporting anything other than what the drive is reporting. We have all seen slight differences from one firmware to the next, but there’s no way to tell if it’s due to better reading or just different reporting. The tools do seem to vary in the way they handle high error-rates.
The point is that it doesn’t matter one whit what is being reported as long as it is consistant. The purpose of these tools is just to make comparisons between media and burn speeds on a given drive. Because of the differences in the way different drives handle and report errors, any comparison between drives based on these tools would be pointless.
Remember, you are not measuring “disc errors”, but read errors.

just re-run a test for C2 or C1 error & you’ll see difference in the errors reported.

no drive is perfect.

Originally posted by JR_Audio
[B]I own a LTR-48246S and a LTR-52246S, but I am not satisfied with the accuracy of the C1 Information with CD-Doctor.

The results are not synchron to the errors and C2 Information on several error disks like Philips SBC444A etc.

So I am pretty sure, that with the Mediatek 6 Chipset and with CD-Doctor and WSES, the C1 information is not correct. [/B]

Do not use the 6S series if you want the scores reported sync with professional tools. As the reported value is NOT C1 per se.

I will go out and try to buy an older LTR-48125W and hope (or am pretty sure) that with this Mediatek 5 Chipset, the C1 information is correct. The most (or nearly all) measurements I have seen with LiteOn and WSES or CD Doctor, are made with the LTR-48125W drive.