Best LITE-ON LTR-52246S firmware to use with CloneCD

What is the best firmware for the LTR-52246S from LITE-ON?

I too would like to know this, I even posted it in the correct forum for the lite on firmware forum which is where this will prob be moved soon. But I got no direct answer. And the Lite-on site does a crappy ass job on describing what the firware upgrades do. They just say they are media compatibilty upgrades. Well WTF doe sthat mean. What if it media I will never care to use. Why should I risk a firmware upgrade. I think its best to just keep the firmware the drive comes with. Its given me no problems so far and I have usd the drive A LOT.

I have to agree…
‘match more media’ is getting a bit long in the tooth :slight_smile:

I don’t bother upgrading the firmware anymore. I have never seen a tangible improvment to anything with a firmware upgrade. Not saying they don’t exist, simply stating my experience.

There have been reports that the new firmware (6S0F) burns with increased C1 errors especially on CD-RW.

lol, how would I guess there would be problems, thats why I never upgrade firmwares

I just stick with 6S0C which never lets me down.

Originally posted by xtacydima
I too would like to know this, I even posted it in the correct forum for the lite on firmware forum which is where this will prob be moved soon…

I probably did post it in the wrong forum, sorry. I meant to ask what would be the best firmware to use with CloneCD 4.2.0.2? For that matter, what is the best version of CloneCD to use with the LTR-52246S?

Here is something to ponder:
I have only just purchased my unit on 2003/04/30. It came with firmware version 6S0D dated 2003/03/25. The newest version, 6S0F, is dated 2003/05/16 and LITE-ON only offers this version for download on their site. If LITE-ON ships their units with the newest firmware version available at the time and if the reports about 6S0F’s increased C1 errors are correct then anyone thinking of getting the LTR-52246S in the coming weeks would have to put this into consideration. I guess I am lucky for getting mine when I did.

Updated the thread title…