Best laptop for Blu-ray playback

vbimport

I currently have about $1500 to spend on a laptop and I would really like Blu-ray (preferably also recording) support. I would like to watch movies on my HD ready TV set and use it as a portable Blu-ray player. I also like the idea of writing up to 25GB on a Bluray disc. Is there anyone here that can recommend me a Bluray capable laptop or someone who has experience with a laptop that supports Blu-ray? Can current CPU’s in modern laptops handle playing back Blu-ray content?

Are you in the US or UK?

I checked Newegg’s offerings and there were no good offerings with a balance of price/blu ray/lcd quality.

Would you be willing to get a good laptop and add a blu ray drive to it?

[QUOTE=ZappZapp;2053960]I currently have about $1500 to spend on a laptop and I would really like Blu-ray (preferably also recording) support. I would like to watch movies on my HD ready TV set and use it as a portable Blu-ray player. I also like the idea of writing up to 25GB on a Bluray disc. Is there anyone here that can recommend me a Bluray capable laptop or someone who has experience with a laptop that supports Blu-ray? Can current CPU’s in modern laptops handle playing back Blu-ray content?[/QUOTE]

Actually I thought about doing that and got the slim line instead at Dell. It is about the same size as a BD player when you lay it flat. A little larger, but not much.
The lap top would be more portable as long as you have a good built in card and connections for 1080P.
Dell does a good job at putting out a package that works.

PS/ with all the online discounts mine was $674 delivered with no monitor.