Best IDE DVD Burner?

What would you guys say is the best IDE DVD burner out right now? I am going to install a DVD burner for a friend of mine but his computer doesn’t have SATA. So I need an IDE burner.

Or, do you guys suggest that I get an SATA Burner and one of those SATA/IDE converter things. What say you?

If IDE is what you have now then I would recommend a Pioneer DVR-112D.

BenQ 1640/50 if u can find it :iagree:

I’m very impressed with my newest IDE purchase so far, the Pioneer 115D - so I’d recommend one of those.

Burns good and cheaper media extremely nicely. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1970065]I’m very impressed with my newest IDE purchase so far, the Pioneer 115D - so I’d recommend one of those.

Burns good and cheaper media extremely nicely. :)[/QUOTE]

better than the 112D ? :frowning:

me too thinking of getting a new burner :iagree:

[QUOTE=achemen;1970070]better than the 112D ? :frowning:

me too thinking of getting a new burner :iagree:[/QUOTE]

I really wouldn’t know, as I don’t own the 112D. Only one I can compare it to is the 110D and the 115D is 100x better.

[QUOTE=Arachne;1970082]I really wouldn’t know, as I don’t own the 112D. Only one I can compare it to is the 110D and the 115D is 100x better.[/QUOTE]

100x better in wat sense ? can u pls elaborate ?

[QUOTE=Arachne;1970082]I really wouldn’t know, as I don’t own the 112D. Only one I can compare it to is the 110D and the 115D is 100x better.[/QUOTE]

I’d also like to read/hear more info about this. :iagree:

[QUOTE=chef;1970755]I’d also like to read/hear more info about this. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

me too :iagree:

[QUOTE=Preventer Wind;1969840]What would you guys say is the best IDE DVD burner out right now? [/QUOTE]

Liteon LH-20xxx Excellent burn quality + good DVD scanning
capability.

[QUOTE=achemen;1970087]100x better in wat sense ? can u pls elaborate ?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=chef;1970755]I’d also like to read/hear more info about this. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Just seems to burn more of the media I buy a lot better; with the 110D, I got quite a few discs that wouldn’t playback in a tolerant standalone etc (stuff like Sony MIDs, some CMC stuff) - and the 115D seems to slice through these discs nicely and playback is flawless.

But then, it could have just been my particular 110D that was somewhat picky :slight_smile:

Not to mention prettier scans, which I know achemen wanted to hear :bigsmile:…although to me that’s not as important as getting good playback :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Arachne;1971180]Just seems to burn more of the media I buy a lot better; with the 110D, I got quite a few discs that wouldn’t playback in a tolerant standalone etc (stuff like Sony MIDs, some CMC stuff) - and the 115D seems to slice through these discs nicely and playback is flawless.

But then, it could have just been my particular 110D that was somewhat picky :slight_smile:

Not to mention prettier scans, which I know achemen wanted to hear :bigsmile:…although to me that’s not as important as getting good playback :)[/QUOTE]

thnx :clap::clap:

[QUOTE=skelton;1970775]Liteon LH-20xxx Excellent burn quality + good DVD scanning
capability.[/QUOTE]

I would say check out LH-20xx drives I have the Lite on LH-20A1H LL0C and this drive has done me will with duplicates of 1:1 movies and burning CD/DVD…media…from my experience…

Thanks for the responses so far…

What do you guys think about the Samsung 202N?

[QUOTE=Preventer Wind;1971715]Thanks for the responses so far…

What do you guys think about the Samsung 202N?[/QUOTE]
Yo-

I have that one - and I think that the Pioneer 115 would be the better choice - [I]unless[/I] you are going to burn mostly CD-R’s - then I would go with the Sammy 202-eh!!