Best freeware video/dvd editor?

vbimport

I am new to this forum so just point me in the right direction if this has been has been discussed a 1000 times before.
I was going to use the trial version of AVS Video Remaker.I had the chapters figured out and the menu looked great.I went to "remake"and got a pop up letting me know that since this was the trial version,the video output would be only 5 minutes.Useless,since what I wanted to burn to DVD was around 9 times that long.
So basically what I want to do is,
I have some DVDs that were transfered from old out of print VHS(which have yet to be released on DVD,and who knows if they ever will be…).These are music videos.Right now the chapters are every 30 seconds.
I want each chapter to be 1 complete song/video.
I than want to create a menu.
Than,burn it to DVDR.
Any freeware that will do this?I only just learned of something called DVDremake.Will it accomplish what I want?

GUI for DVD Author should get 'er done. I’ve just started with it so you’ll have to look for a guide.

[quote=bladerunnerblues;1995853]I am new to this forum so just point me in the right direction if this has been has been discussed a 1000 times before.
I was going to use the trial version of AVS Video Remaker.I had the chapters figured out and the menu looked great.I went to "remake"and got a pop up letting me know that since this was the trial version,the video output would be only 5 minutes.Useless,since what I wanted to burn to DVD was around 9 times that long.
So basically what I want to do is,
I have some DVDs that were transfered from old out of print VHS(which have yet to be released on DVD,and who knows if they ever will be…).These are music videos.Right now the chapters are every 30 seconds.
I want each chapter to be 1 complete song/video.
I than want to create a menu.
Than,burn it to DVDR.
Any freeware that will do this?I only just learned of something called DVDremake.Will it accomplish what I want?[/quote]
We have a sub-forum here for DVD ReMake, you might want to give it a look.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f112/

In GUI for DVD Author,how do I change from PAL to NTSC?

You’d need to re-encode the vid to go from PAL to NTSC.