Best FREE software for burning gapless audio cds and mp3 cds?

Which program is the “best” for burning audio cds(2 tracks on one of my playlists for a cd need to gapless between them) and which is also good for burning mp3 cds(itunes creates undesired file names of the songs on any mp3 cd I try to make)?

Try ImgBurn.It will make all tracks gapless if the setting is made but it won’t just do two specific tracks only.
You maght be able to rip just those two gapless & put them in a new cue that way with the rest if you want gaps on the others.
I haven’t tried that but it might work if that’s what you are after .
For all tracks gapless no problem though.
The above is for Audio CD’s.
You can use ImgBurn for mp3 CD’s but you don’t use the CD cue file for this.
You use build mode.

Does it support cd-text? I usually use itunes to burn cds because it’s simple and linear and the cd-text that it produces is good enough for my needs. Lately, I haven’t been able to get any software to work with gapless tracks. The first two tracks of the cd I want to burn go together and I’ve burned a cd before where they go smoothly but now I’ve tried burning 3 cds with itunes and the trial nero and even with gaps turned off, there’s still a pause between the tracks.

Is your source MP3 or some other compressed format? If it is you probably won’t be able to go gapless without a hassle. Compressed music is based on blocks or frames and if the last block isn’t full it gets padded with silence. You can’t just trim the MP3 because of the padding, but you could open it in Audacity, trim it and save it as WAV. The WAV files should be able to burn gapless.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2406930]Is your source MP3 or some other compressed format? If it is you probably won’t be able to go gapless without a hassle. Compressed music is based on blocks or frames and if the last block isn’t full it gets padded with silence. You can’t just trim the MP3 because of the padding, but you could open it in Audacity, trim it and save it as WAV. The WAV files should be able to burn gapless.[/QUOTE]

All I do is drag my playlist(mp3 files) on an itunes playlist and when I burned a cd(a while back) they would be completely gapless.

That’s probably luck of the draw. The last frame could be filled with music and have no padding.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2406937]That’s probably luck of the draw. The last frame could be filled with music and have no padding.[/QUOTE]

That’s strange. How would it sometimes have a gap and sometimes not?

If the music ends on (or near) a frame boundary then there is no gap. If not, the rest of the frame is silence.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2406945]If the music ends on (or near) a frame boundary then there is no gap. If not, the rest of the frame is silence.[/QUOTE]

So how can I fix the difference of one software and the other with this problem?

^^^^^^^^

…you could open it in Audacity, trim it and save it as WAV. The WAV files should be able to burn gapless.

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2407000]^^^^^^^^[/QUOTE]

I also have sony vegas which allows me to edit tracks, etc. and render them as different types of files. If I go from lossy > lossless and put that on a cd, wouldn’t it lose quality if I wanted to rip it later?

Edit: I tried doing as suggested but now there’s an even bigger gap lol.