Best Free Disk Defrag For Windows 7

vbimport

What is the best free disk defragmentation software for Windows 7. Thanks in advance.

Mr. Bill :bow:

Depends on what you mean by “best”. There are several capable free defraggers available, Defraggler (I use the portable version), Ultra Defrag, Smart Defrag (easeus), Auslogics Disk Defrag, and many more. What don’t you like about Windows own defragger?

Not sure what would be the best,I have been using the Auslogics Disk Defrag free version and have seen no problems with it.

[QUOTE=Whappo;2468822]Depends on what you mean by “best”. There are several capable free defraggers available, Defraggler (I use the portable version), Ultra Defrag, Smart Defrag (easeus), Auslogics Disk Defrag, and many more. What don’t you like about Windows own defragger?[/QUOTE]

I really never used windows defrag.

Mr.Bill

www.mydefrag.com

[QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2469413]www.mydefrag.com[/QUOTE]

Thanks Mr. Belvedere. I will take a look at this one. Also do you like this defrag over the other ones?

Peace
Mr. Bill :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Mr.Bill;2469448]Thanks Mr. Belvedere. I will take a look at this one. Also do you like this defrag over the other ones?

Peace
Mr. Bill :)[/QUOTE]
I love this program. It’s awfully slow but you see significant performance boosts in the harddisk processes. The only major disadvantage is that it cannot defrag locked files like the page file. If it could defrag every and each file (and why not? i’m a goddamn admin on my own pc!) it would be perfect.

I use Smart Defrag myself and have been using it for a while and I am very pleased
with its performance and it works great on Win7 and Vista and even XP. :iagree:

the only one that actually works without corrupting your hdd over the time is Auslogics Defrag and it even can defrag all hdds concurrently.

stay away from mydefrag…

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2499240]the only one that actually works without corrupting your hdd over the time is Auslogics Defrag and it even can defrag all hdds concurrently.

stay away from mydefrag…[/QUOTE]
care to elaborate this? I have never ever seen any problem.

[QUOTE=Millennium12;2499240]the only one that actually works without corrupting your hdd over the time is Auslogics Defrag and it even can defrag all hdds concurrently.

stay away from mydefrag…[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Mr. Belvedere;2499975]care to elaborate this? I have never ever seen any problem.[/QUOTE] I don’t know about MyDefrag, but I once tested UltimateDefrag and it corrupted my harddrive within one day; “luckily” I had a full backup (not really due to luck).

Regardless of what any software may provide in terms of speed and features, first and foremost it must NOT destroy your data!

I seriously doubt, however, that all defraggers except one will corrupt your harddrive over time - unless you have overclocking or memory problems that would corrupt your harddrive anyway.

My current favourite defragger is Smart Defrag, but I also use others such as e.g. Defraggler for defragging single files and PageDefrag for defragging system files (during boot).

compare defragmentation analysis after a defrag - Auslogic is the only one matching the windows analysis.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2499976]I don’t know about MyDefrag, but I once tested UltimateDefrag and it corrupted my harddrive within one day; “luckily” I had a full backup (not really due to luck).[/quote] Thing is, MyDefrag uses the standard Defrag API from Microsoft. It doesn’t do anything without it.

Regardless of what any software may provide in terms of speed and features, first and foremost it must NOT destroy your data!
Of course.

I seriously doubt, however, that all defraggers except one will corrupt your harddrive over time - unless you have overclocking or memory problems that would corrupt your harddrive anyway.
Well, timeouts can cause errors, but a normal harddisk should just accept plain clear calls, not half calls or operating instructions.