Best Free DeFrag utility any recommendations?

vbimport

Just curious about free defragers. I have heard ultra defrap and auslogics were good. Any one have any comments or recommendations?

Thanks

I have used Defraggler and it works well. Make by the same people that make CCleaner.

By far the best: Auslogics Disk Defrag

[QUOTE=eric93se;2525762]By far the best: Auslogics Disk Defrag[/QUOTE]

:iagree: [B]100%[/B]

Found a link 4 it in chat, bigmike7 was talking about it . I think he said
he got it from You :cool:

[B]Thanks[/B] :flower:

http://www.mydefrag.com/ probably might be of interest (former JKDefrag)
//Danne

[QUOTE=DiiZzY;2525771]http://www.mydefrag.com/ probably might be of interest (former JKDefrag)
//Danne[/QUOTE]

Just FYI: I had serious troubles using the latest version (4.3.1) on a Windows 7 machine. Version 3.2.9 still works a-ok.

Smartdefrag here made by the same people that make advance SystemCare.

Right now I’m using a combination of two already suggested on my Vista OS.
First I use Defraggler & then MyDefrag v. 4.3.1 with the “consolidate free space” setting.
Then I run Defraggler a second time.
I took a look at Auslogics Disk Defrag & I like what it says it does with the MFT. I don’t think the ones I’m using do this so I may give Auslogics Disk Defrag a try.

:iagree::iagree: - installed it after you mentioned it in another part of the forum, really like it. Thumbs up from me too :slight_smile:

I have been using Auslogics Disk Defrag for quite some time it is the best I also
used SmartDefrag for a while but Auslogics Disk Defrag beats it hand down. :iagree:

Not only does Auslogics disc defrag work well, its constantly being updated and made better.

Too many say it is good going to try out Auslogics Disk Defrag for a while.

Wow I had a look at screen shots for Auslogics Disk Defrag and it does look
like it does more than any other free program. I would try it out myself but I’m a long time PerfectDisk user. PD has never let me down in the 8 years I have used it which makes me feel safe. I can’t say the same for Diskeeper. FYI once you own a license it costs $8 per year for product support which allows you to always have the latest version and tech support. Raxco has the best tech support of any software company IMO. The Pro version costs $39.99 + $8 for product support but coupon codes of 20-50% off are common. Also the more licenses you buy the cheaper it gets.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2525840]Too many say it is good going to try out Auslogics Disk Defrag for a while.[/QUOTE]

I like it because it can do both MY Hard Drives at the same time …:bow:
:flower:

Of the defraggers I have used, I prefer IObit Smart Defrag. I sometimes combine it with Defraggler when only a few files need defragging.

The only method better than this, is to have a Solid State Drive which doesn’t need defragging. :smiley:

Excellent program! Thank you! (Got the free Registry Defrag as well) :clap:

[QUOTE=seven8;2525960]Excellent program! Thank you! (Got the free Registry Defrag as well) :clap:[/QUOTE]

There is no need to defragment, clean or otherwise try to enhance the windows registry. The entire registry is read into memory when your system start up. (That is also why major policy changes require a gpudate /force).

Thanks everybody. I think I will try Auslogics Disk Defrag. It looks pretty good :clap:

5 Star Recommended from CNET.COM is Smart Defrag under utilities. It can be set to automatic or on a schedule:iagree: