Best Firmware for LTR-48125W?

Just read various views of various forum members.

I thought it would be a good idea to have a poll.

Some say the latest VS08 is good, some say VS06, VS04 & so on.

Some have said that they are sticking to VS02 for its burning quality.

Please post your views ??? :bow: :bow: :bow:

Were can you see your firmware?

Go to CD Speed and download Nero InfoTool V1.02 is the free option. But if you’ve installed Nero or CloneCD, you’ll see it under choose cd-recorder for Nero and in plain view when you select the CDRW icon in CloneCD.

VS08 is the king y’all.

Originally posted by darshanjog

I thought it would be a good idea to have a poll.

The idea is good, the latest VS08 is excellent.
It goes without saying !
And just forget whatcha seen and read before.

@Stoner

I used to have a baseball cap with that grass on :bigsmile: :wink:

Of course this forum is about burning CD’s but one of the first thingst I noticed with VS08 is that it can READ better.
There was no way I could read Shakira’s Laundry service with Key2Audio with VS06. After the upgrade it works like a charm and rips with 20+ speed to MP3. Also copying with CloneCD works fine. :slight_smile:

Anybody else has experiences like this??

Originally posted by RedRooster
There was no way I could read Shakira’s Laundry service with Key2Audio with VS06. After the upgrade it works like a charm and rips with 20+ speed to MP3.
Would be rather kewl. Unfortuately, I don’t have any with Key2Audio protected discs for tests.

Don’t know about VS02 & VS04 but, The Burning Quality of VS08 is much much better than VS06.

With VS06 I used to have atleast a few yellow sectors & frequently red sectors also regardless of the quality of the media.

With VS08, all green sectors - any media, even on very very cheap media like Princo.

@RedRooster

Do you mean that the Lite-ON 48x with VS08 can now beat Audio Copy Protections which it couldn’t do earlier?

Haven’t come across any copy protected audio cds in my part of the world otherwise I would have tried it.

I never buy a CD-Audio with copy Protection --> I don’t need to worry about this :wink:

VS08 rules, worked very good with my ProDisc Disc

Was using VSO4 and it was fine…VSO8 is tops in my book ! It burns Phillips (CMC) 40x error free , using Scandisk & CDDAE as test and read through Yamaha 2100 , Toshiba 1502 , Acer 52x CD-Rom and of coarse LiteOn 48125W :bigsmile:

:bow: VSO8…till I see a WSES test that bursts my bubble :cool:

I overclocked my 40125W some months ago and have been very happy with the result. I noticed a considerable improvement with VS08 with some faster burn speeds and only a rare yellow block in CDSpeed.

Using real time burning, not simulated, I found the following differences with the media I have at hand.

Disk brand, Possible Manufacturer, Claimed speed, Real speed VS08, Real speed VS06
TDK Gold CMC, Imation All speed 48x 48x
TDK Blue Ritek All speed 46x 32x
Sony LeadData 32x 31x 31x
Datastream Prodisc 40x 47x 40x
Kodak Kodak 16x 31x 31x
Taiyo Yuden Taiyo Yuden 24x 39x 39x
Taiyo Yuden Taiyo Yuden 32x 39x 39x
Imation CMC, Imation 24x 48x NA
Laser Postech, Diamond 40x 31x 31x
Unbranded Acer media NA 48x NA
Mitsui Gold Mitsui 12x 40x NA
BASF Emtec Kingpro 32x 46x 24x
Philips Ritek All speed 47x 39x
TDK Ritek 12x 24x NA

Using the unbranded cd above, including lead in and out, it takes 2:52 minutes to burn a SVCD from a 763Mb bin file. Hopefully these results will help others.

Got to agree VS08 seems to be better than my old one,

Chears for the info all who helped me to Overclock my drive :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

@Jovo

Thats good piece of info.
:bigsmile:

I think VS08 Is winning the poll
And thats because its :cool:

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Yeah, VS08 rocks.:bigsmile:

Vs08 fo’ sho’ bros :smiley:
It rocks… I can back up Darshan’s statements… good quality burns on cheap-ass Princos, and on my Kodak Golds… let’s just say they rock!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by darshanjog
[B]@RedRooster

Do you mean that the Lite-ON 48x with VS08 can now beat Audio Copy Protections which it couldn’t do earlier?

Yes, but I ment reading. Burning it did already fine, but reading I had to do with my Toshiba DVD/CD-ROM player.

i was one of the first to claim VS08 is great!

@RedRooster

Now thats cool.

Earlier it was

Plex for Audio protections &

Litey for Data protections.

So, now we can say that

Litey for both Audio & Data Protections &

Plex only for Audio Protections.

If this is right, I own the Ultimate Burner :bigsmile:

Correct me if i am wrong.

i’ve the VS06 and work well, i’d like to change for the VS08… but is true that there are some problems with the overburning?

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?threadid=55705