If we take a look at the "Release Reasons" from the firmware updates, we can see why some people get better quality for some media. For example, if you are using 4x rated DVDÂ±R, BSOB would be better because the writing strategies for 4x media is improved since BSNB. The same goes with DVD-R and DVDÂ±R DL. If you mainly use 8x/16x DVD+R, then BSLB is fine. So the best firmware will depends on your media and drive.
1. Improved writing quality for DVD+R & DVD-R media.
2. Added SolidBurn Technology.
3. Added Overspeed ability. (Enable via QSuite 2.0)
1. Modified the strategy of SolidBurn for DVD-R media.
2. Modified the writing strategy for 8x DVD+RW media.
1. Modified the writing strategy for DVD-R, DVD-R DL & DVD+R DL media.
2. Improved the compatibility between SolidBurn and QSuite for DVD-R media.
3. Supported new feature in QSuite v2.1 (Show media support information
1. Fixed QScan does not work properly.
2. Improved the writing quality of 4x DVD+/-R media.
3. Supported FTI 16x DVD-R media.
1. Fixed DVD-DL PTP format disc cannot be played issue in BSNB.
The problem is we don't know which spesific media (MID) is modified in each firmware release.