Best Firmware for 3500 using TTG02 MEDIA (tdk corp.)?

Hey everyone,

I’ve read this media is really good but so far my burns aint as near as good as what people post on this forum… on average i get around 60+ Pi errors and prob around 2 to 4 Pi failures with spikes of sometimes 8

I dunno if thats considered very bad or what not… I use my Lite-On Dvd rom to check 'em with cd/dvd speed but anyway i was wondering if anyone can help me get the best out of this media :wink:

thx for reading :slight_smile:

dvd-rom’s do not give accurate results on error checking. that being said, without seeing the scan, it sould just fine. can you post a scan?

ok ill do a new scan but its 1am and i gotta get some sleep so i will do it tommorow morning :slight_smile: … um this morning :stuck_out_tongue: heh

ToastFromHell:

Hey here are some scans of my TDK TTG02 burnt with a stock and modded strat. I did the scans with DVDInfoPro and my LITE-ON COMBO LTC-48161H drive at 8x. So if you are looking for a good firmware I would say that anything with a 4x6x8x TYG02 / 10x12x MCC02RG20 strat is good. =)

First Scan

Media ID: TTG02
Brand: TDK (Made in Taiwan)
Disc Spindle ID: DVD-R47DC850
Write speed: 8X
Firmware: Stock Mad Dog 2.FC
Write strat: 4x6x8x TTG02

Second Scan

Media ID: TTG02
Brand: TDK (Made in Taiwan)
Disc Spindle ID: DVD-R47DC850
Write speed: 8X
Firmware: Based on Mad Dog 2.FC
Write strat: 4x6x8x TYG02

Can you please tell me the exact firmware you used and where i can download it please :slight_smile: also it says in the status bar in the picture… ttg02 -> tyg02… whats that mean? :0 thx

please tell me how to use tyg02 write strat for this media :confused: on that firmware 2fc :o

Those scans look REALLY nice for scans done on a Combo drive!!!

Regards,
TerminalVeloCD

I just started using DVDInfoPro and I been getting really good scans but how come DVD/CD SPEED reports much higher results? :frowning: