Best / Fastest 4Gb (per stick) DDR3 Memory compatible with Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0)

I am negotiating the final specs for a PC that I intend on building. The motherboard I have selected is the Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9 (rev. 1.0).

In the initial stages I am looking at placing 12GB in the system with the intent of maxing it out to 24GB some time in the future.

I know the board is capable of taking DDR3 2000/2200+. I would like recommendations on which brand and memory kit you would opt with and why (OCZ, kingston and the many others etc). Please remember I am looking at 4GB per stick?

I will be highly appreciative of all assistance in making a choice.

Honestly you won’t see any performance difference between 12GB and 24GB. And for what you doing, 8GB will be plenty to start with.

A high end set to start with : G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9D-8GBXL Not in stock atm, but they usually get stuff back in within a day or two. You can use the ‘auto notify’ feature on their site if you want.

Just to point out you going for an older motherboard and CPU. You should really consider the new Sandy Bridge line of CPU’s from Intel. The CPU model 2600K would be good for what you want to do. The only issue is that there was a bug in the motherboards (socket 1155) and they have been pulled from stores. They will be back in stores in the next month, its worth the wait.

If you look at the top of this forum there is a review of the Sandy Bridge CPU by Dee, take a look.