Best/easiest Drive image software

vbimport

My HD is starting to shoot craps. What’s the best drive dupe software to transfer my data to the new one? I just want to transfer the data, make the new one the master, and boot up.

thanks…

k

depending on which hard drive you get my friend,most of the drive manufactures have there own utility disk which comes with the hard drive like maxtor.if you got the oem version then i would recommend going to there web site and download the disk (its free)

Ghost.

ghost

Norton Ghost

:cool:

Ghost is fine, but dangerous. Never let the wizard in Windows restore a single partition on a multi-partition drive, since it’ll erase the complete disc.

Restoring a single partition is perfectly possible, but only when not using the wizard… :a

Sorry folks, but there’s just no way that ghost is “easier” to use than Drive Image, which was the original question.
But the “easiest” solution would indeed be the copy utility that comes with the drive.

Drive Image 2002 BY FAR !!!

works like a charm and is very easy to use.

Originally posted by rdgrimes
Sorry folks, but there’s just no way that ghost is “easier” to use than Drive Image, which was the original question.
But the “easiest” solution would indeed be the copy utility that comes with the drive.

\

best/easiest :wink: - often, you cant have both.