Best DVD's for printing with Epson 800

I just purchased the epson artison 800. I want to get taiyo yuden dvd’s. What brand Yuden I should get to make the best quality DVD’s.

[QUOTE=negy;2267607]I just purchased the epson artison 800. I want to get taiyo yuden dvd’s. What brand Yuden I should get to make the best quality DVD’s.[/QUOTE]
Judging by this thread http://club.cdfreaks.com/f123/epson-artisan-800-can-use-waterproof-printable-dvds-267835/ , the 800 does great with Watershields. And I’ve never had any quality issues with Watershields no matter who I ordered them from. For matte printables, stick w/ premium line T-Y’s. Don’t know what area you’re located in to recommend resellers :).

I have found that it really doesn’t matter which brand of printable CD or DVD you use, as long as they have what is called a “Premium Surface”.

A premium surface usually is a “satin smooth surface” with very little roughness to it. I have used Taiyo Yuden, Verbatim and Falcon brand discs. All have printed very well. However, both TY and Verbatim offer a “Value” line of discs and a “Premium” line. Falcon only offers “Premium” discs. Stick with the “Premium” version of discs and you won’t be disappointed.

The Falcon discs have the smoothest surface of the three brands matte printing surfaces (TY WaterShield and Verbatim Gloss excepted).

I hope this helps. :smiley:

[QUOTE=nibiru2008;2274671]
The Falcon discs have the smoothest surface of the three brands matte printing surfaces (TY WaterShield and Verbatim Gloss excepted).

I hope this helps. :D[/QUOTE]
In addition to the smoothest surface, the Falcons also have the most neutral white shade of the three matte printables mentioned. I find that the color reproduction is truer with my RX680, which uses Claria ink like the 800. And colors seem a bit brighter, as well. Currently doing most of my printing with Falcons or Watershields :iagree:.