Best DVDR Media Available In The USA ATM?

vbimport

Howdy,

I was burned by a bad batch of Taiyo Yuden TYG03 Valueline Media and now have tons of coasters as well as a hard drive full of data that I need to securely backup.

I hate to ask a very common question again.
However, I am in a jam and need to back up countless gigs of data ASAP.

All I ask is a recommendation of reliable media to replace the terrible TYG03 brand media. :a

I hope TY/JVC gets their act together soon.

Thanks!!

Milan

[QUOTE=rockphantom;2452332]I was burned by a bad batch of Taiyo Yuden TYG03 Valueline Media and now have tons of coasters [/QUOTE]
That is why I always advise people to stay far,far, away from the Value Line of TY media as it is good for making coasters.
If you haven’t lost your trust of all TY media then the [U][B]PREMIUM[/B][/U] line of TYG02 or [U][B]PREMIUM[/B][/U] line TYG03 is ok media or
if you’d rather stay away from TY then the 16x Verbatim +R MCC004 or 16x -R MCC 03RG20 is good media or you could just
go with Verbatim 8x media like 8x +R MCC003 or 8x -R MCC 02RG20. :iagree:

[QUOTE=getit29;2452337]That is why I always advise people to stay far,far, away from the Value Line of TY media as it is good for making coasters.
If you haven’t lost your trust of all TY media then the [U][B]PREMIUM[/B][/U] line of TYG02 or [U][B]PREMIUM[/B][/U] line TYG03 is ok media or
if you’d rather stay away from TY then the 16x Verbatim +R MCC004 or 16x -R MCC 03RG20 is good media or you could just
go with Verbatim 8x media like 8x +R MCC003 or 8x -R MCC 02RG20. :iagree:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick reply!!

I have loved TY for years. I may give the Premium TYG02 line a shot.
Though, I have read that even the Premium line has gone down in quality as well due to TY’s production move to China.

Milan

I have never had problems with 8x +R Taiyo Yuden. Any reason not to consider them?
Buy them from rima.com or supermediastore.com.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2452341]I have never had problems with 8x +R Taiyo Yuden. Any reason not to consider them?
Buy them from rima.com or supermediastore.com.[/QUOTE]

Yep have to agree 100% with Kerry on the 8x +R YUDEN00T02’s they are some
great to fantastic disc’s at least the ones I’ve burned before has been. I’m not
sure how the 16x +R YUDEN00T03’s are as I’ve never tried them before at least
not that I can remember anyways. :confused:

A lot of media with Taiyo Yuden media codes is fake. There should be either one or two alphanumerical codes near the hub, can you post those?

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2452341]I have never had problems with 8x +R Taiyo Yuden. Any reason not to consider them?
Buy them from rima.com or supermediastore.com.[/QUOTE]

Hi… although the plain lacquer R+ 8X (YUDEN000T02) are better than most, I have found a consistent lost of quality batch to batch over the last year. What started at total PIF of 150 per disk have now risen to about 1000. It’s not the drive (PLEXTOR 760). The older disks I still have still burn with about 150 PIF’s. I have also noticed dust, very small air bubbles, and other defects in the 100 cake box. The supplied is RIMA… its a shame to see this general decrease… after TY…who is left… FYI the Verbatium have also decreased as well… :sad:

Falcon?