Hi. I was wondering which would be the best application to make a DVD9 --> DVD5 transcoding.
I have heard of Clone DVD, Clone DVD 2, DVD Shrink, DVD95Copy, DVD2One, DVD Rebuilder and many others and I was wondering: which would be the highest quality transcoder?
So far I'm usiing DVD Shrink a lot, but I'm wondering if I'm wasting too much DVD quality, even by choosing its 'highest quality' settings ("Deep scan" and so on).
Please note: my problem does not lie in DVD ripping or in the time expense (until about a night, that is about 10-12 hours, is for me a decent time, if needed to make a very high DVD9 (on my hard disk) --> DVD5 (on another folder of my HD)) conversion.
I'm not concerned about a few tenths dollars' expense, and about the usage difficulty (I'm a rather expert user and, luckily, there are lots of tutorials).
I own CCE, so even DVD Rebuilder could be an interesting application.
By my questions are:
1) which are the best transcoding application(s)?
2) which are the best settings, to obtain a high quality's DVD5?
3) how much time will I need, to convert from a DVD9 set to a DVD5 set, for an average 2h movie, using a decent (not older than 1 year from now) computer?
4) can all ripped DVD be transcoded by the application you suggest?
5) which are the drawbacks of the suggested application(s)?
Thanks in advance.