sorry for starting another "what drive to buy" thread, but I really want to know which drive is the best one out of the following and I know, that this forum is the best place to ask.
First of all what I want:
1) high quality DVD burns with DVD+/-R/Dual Layer (the less errors/jitter the better)
2) a silent drive (when reading DVDs, my Toshiba SD-M1712 is perfectly silent)
What I don't care for:
- how fast the drive is and how loud it is when burning a DVD
- IDE or SATA, I can connect them both onto my mainbaord
- I got a Lite-On LTR-52327S CD-R drive, so the DVD drive I am going to use in future must not handle CD-Rs in any way
I hope I gave you all the information which is useful. My plan is to have 2 drives in my PC installed. The Lite-On LTR-52327S for perfect audio CD writing/extracting and a DVD drive for high quality writing combined with a silent reading performance.
Here comes the list of the drives which were recommended here and which are available where I live:
- Samsung SH-S203P
- Samsung SH-S202N
- Sony NEC Optiarc AD-7200A
- Pioneer DVR-115DSV