Best DVD writer for high volume production

vbimport

I have 6 burners, mostly Samsung 203’s or 223’s. I burn a lot of DVD’s each year as I produce and sell training videos. I have recently noticed that DVD’s created with two of my burners will not play in an older Pioneer player that I use for demonstrations at events. This is a recent development as DVD’s burned on these two burners used to play on the Pioneer quite nicely. Although disks made with these two burners verify properly and their DVD’s play on all my newer DVD players, they won’t play on this older Pioneer. I’m guessing that the burners have degraded over time due to the volume of DVD’s that they have burned (200 each?). I have several questions:

(BTW, I typically burn at 8X using Taiyo Yuden Premium line 8X DVD-R’s)

1. Is it normal for DVD burners to slowly degrade so that their burns are no longer as good as they once were?
  2. If so, what is a typical lifetime for a burner from this perspective, i.e., until the burns degrade to the point where customer player issues begin to crop up?
  3. Is there a particular model of DVD burner that is known to be good at burning a large number of DVD’s before this occurs?
  4. Any recommendations for what I should get to replace my two marginal burners?

Thanks.

Q: Best DVD writer for high volume production
A: Get a professional duplicator.

Q: Best DVD writer for high volume production
A: Get a professional duplicator.

What drives do you figure they put in duplicators?

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2489067]What drives do you figure they put in duplicators?[/QUOTE]
Primera uses Pioneer DVR-215 in their CD / DVD Duplicator / Publisher.

http://www.primera.com/bravose_disc_publisher_specs.html
http://www.primera.com/bravoII_publisher_specs.html

[QUOTE=olyteddy;2489067]What drives do you figure they put in duplicators?[/QUOTE]

The point is “high volume production” and not the drives involved.

Yes, and it seems to me that the drives that are used in commercial duplicating equipment were chosen for “high volume production”.