Best DVD to Mobile software?

I have been looking for a nice easy to use software to convert DVD’s to mobile devices, specifically I am looking for converting to play on iTouchs & Archos 5. So either mpv or mp4 would be great since it will play on both devices that way.

I have been using “Pocket DVD” which is fairly easy, but the video quality is not the best. I have also use DVDFab platnum which does a better job on the video, but I end up with the audio and video out of sync(audio is ahead of the video buy .8 of a second) this makes all movies looked dubbed.

So if you have a suggestion for the DVDFab audio sync problem or a suggestion for DVD to mobile software let me know.

Thanks

[QUOTE=DREAMLINER;2149640]I have been looking for a nice easy to use software to convert DVD’s to mobile devices, specifically I am looking for converting to play on iTouchs & Archos 5. So either mpv or mp4 would be great since it will play on both devices that way.

I have been using “Pocket DVD” which is fairly easy, but the video quality is not the best. I have also use DVDFab platnum which does a better job on the video, but I end up with the audio and video out of sync(audio is ahead of the video buy .8 of a second) this makes all movies looked dubbed.

So if you have a suggestion for the DVDFab audio sync problem or a suggestion for DVD to mobile software let me know.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Have you tried Clonedvdmobile from slysoft?

“Have you tried Clonedvdmobile from slysoft?”

No I have not, has that worked for you?

DVDFab has been the best as far as ease and video quality, but the lip sync is makes it useless to me. What can you tell me about Clonedvdmobile?

if using two programs is an option, use dvdfab in vob passthrough then convert with Super.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools/SUPER

Have you tried Handbrake, or Xvid4PSP or Videora ?

You’ll have to decrypt and rip to the hard drive first. Then convert.

“Handbrake” I have tried but I found that it runs real slow on my vista. I hear it is pretty fast on a mac. I have never heard of “Videora”. “Xvid4PSP” I thought created avi files that the iPhone would not play.

I was looking for a software that would go straight from DVD to Mobile.

Xvid4PSP is a misleading name. It can be configured to output in many, many different formats. There is a preset for .mp4 iPhone/iTouch in it. I have played around with the program, but don’t use it much, so I don’t know how reliable it is. It can open dvd files directly…once you have decrypted them and ripped to the hard drive. I’m certain it can’t decrypt commercial dvds.

Videora is designed for Ipods, so I don’t know if the outputs can be adjusted for your purposes or not.

Yes just checked “Videora” and it’s a no go for the Archos, iPhone/iTouch. I am basically try to convert my collection of DVD’s, so I would like to go DVD direct to the mp4 or mpv format.

DVDFab works really nice, but the lip sunc is the one and only problem it gives me. So I am trying to find a better option for it.

[QUOTE=DREAMLINER;2149953]“Have you tried Clonedvdmobile from slysoft?”

No I have not, has that worked for you?

DVDFab has been the best as far as ease and video quality, but the lip sync is makes it useless to me. What can you tell me about Clonedvdmobile?[/QUOTE]

No I personally haven’t use clonedvdmobile as I don’t have a Zen or Ipod unit to test or use it on. So I can’t be sure of the quality but they do have a 21 day trial to test before purchase. It never hurts to give it a try and see if it works or not for your situation. Only problem is that clonedvdmobile will not decrypt your DVD if they are protected.