Best DVD software for personal movie copying

vbimport

Hi everyone…I’ve used different software over the years to copy my personal DVD’s…
Starting with DVD Shrink at first, then using DVD Decrypter, DVD X Copy platinum, at about a year ago, I bought 1Click DVD, and when used with DVD43, it was doing a good job so far…
I don’t know if the encrypting is more sophisticated lately, buy I couln’t copy some of the latest releases… Anyone to recommend my a good software ?? Thanks !!

There are some free alternatives: ImgBurn and DVD Fab decrypter I believe (you will find more info in these forums about that).
My personal favourite is DVD Fab Platinum…it is not free, but it works wonders!

I second the Taxman, IMHO DVDFAB Platinum is the best and has the quickest and best support out there with updates weekly or sooner, It’s not free but will be the best $ you ever spent, You can download it and try it free for 30 days which is a full working copy not a cut down working copy

I would put a vote for Anydvd, CloneDVD, and CloneCD from slysoft as good if not the best to backup your personal movies. They do have 21 day trials but they are worth the money investment in slysoft products. Anydvd is regularly updated and all you have to do is download the newer version. But don’t take my word for it read the forum where users talk about their view and opinion of dvd copy softare and see from that what and which will benefit your needs better…

It is still possible to use free tools and backup movies with the latest protection schemes. DVDFab HD Decrypter is free and is still being updated. http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm RipIt4Me is effective for the vast majority of movies also, though there are a handful of movies it can’t decrypt.

And once you have the dvd on the hard drive, DVDShrink is still a good option for reducing the size of the movie to fit onto a dvdr.
A better option, if you don’t mind taking more time, is DVDRebuilder. It can make very good quality backups once you have decrypted the movie, and there is a free version of this program.

So there is no need to spend money if you don’t want to. That said, I use and recommend AnyDVD, but have never seen a need for CloneDVD2.

Yo-

I’ve been using DVD Fab Gold for past year and half and have burned well over two hundred movies during that time-

It is by far the simplest most effective movie shrinking and burning combo I have ever seen - one click and with a reader drive and a burner drive out pops the burned copy in about 20 to 30 minutes-

Doesn’t get much better than that-eh!!