Best DVD-RW media

vbimport

I’m planning writing a lot of data for temporary storage on DVD-RW media. I’d like to do it as speedily as possible and still get high quality, reliable results.

I see 8X media for sale, but don’t know if it’s as reliable as 4X.

What is the best DVD-RW media available? (Sadly, I don’t see Taiyo Yuden offering this type of media.)

Has anyone compared RW media like they have for DVD-R?

I’m looking for brand names available in the USA.

Here is my suggestions

DVD+RW
Verbatim 4.7GB 4X DVD+RW 30 Packs Cake Box

Sony 4X DVD+RW Media 25 Pack in Cake Box

DVD-RW
TY/JVC Premium Grade Gold Lacquer 2-4X DVD-RW Media 5 Pack in Slim Jewel Case

[QUOTE=getit29;2567445]Here is my suggestions

DVD+RW
Verbatim 4.7GB 4X DVD+RW 30 Packs Cake Box
Sony 4X DVD+RW Media 25 Pack in Cake Box

DVD-RW
TY/JVC Premium Grade Gold Lacquer 2-4X DVD-RW Media 5 Pack in Slim Jewel Case[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your help.

I’m still wondering about the [B]8X[/B] DVD-RW media. Is it any good?

Buying from one of the sources in your recommendations, is out, since I live in Hawaii. They only ship UPS or FedEx and that makes the shipping much more than the product. If they shipped USPS Priority Mail, the cost would be reasonable.

joro

[QUOTE=joelrosado;2567448]
I’m still wondering about the [B]8X[/B] DVD-RW media. Is it any good?
[/QUOTE]

The 8x rated DVD-RWs do not exist, only the 6x rated are available for now. The 8x DVD+RWs from Ritek, Ricoh, Philips or Verbatim are in my experience as reliable as the 4x RWs.

For a reliable backup, get a (external) HDD instead.

[QUOTE=chef;2567486]For a reliable backup, get a (external) HDD instead.[/QUOTE] I second that.

If you absolutely must use rewriteable DVDs, I suggest the 6x Verbatim DVD-RW or 8x Verbatim DVD+RW if you can find them.

[QUOTE=pepst;2567474]The 8x rated DVD-RWs do not exist, only the 6x rated are available for now. The 8x DVD+RWs from Ritek, Ricoh, Philips or Verbatim are in my experience as reliable as the 4x RWs.[/QUOTE]

That helps. Thanks for the information.