Best DVD-rom Reader for securom backups?

My Toshiba 1212 has finally died. I need a new DVD reader that will allow me to make 100% backups with my Liteon. Is there a recommended reader now that allows 100% backups of the new NEW SECUROM and SAFEDISC 2.8?

I live in Australia so Toshiba DVD-Roms are hard to get.

LiteON LTD 163/165 DVD-Roms are excellent for Safedisc 2.8.x. Also excellent for ripping DVD’s (vob files) to the hd (lighting fast)
LiteON LTD 165H will play Safedisc 2.4-2.7 with no need for “additional measures” :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

If you buy a Liteon DVD here in Aus, then the most current model is a LTD 166S. Well actually, it will be XJ-HD166S when you install it because the Liteon DVD ROMS link to the JLMS website.

http://www.jlms.com.tw

Originally posted by Shoebedobedoo
[B]
LiteON LTD 165H will play Safedisc 2.4-2.7 with no need for “additional measures” :smiley:

Shoebedobedoo :cool: [/B]

HE ? What you mean ?

Yeah, what do you mean, “LiteON LTD 165H will play Safedisc 2.4-2.7 with no need for “additional measures””?

So, this Liteon XJ-HD166S good for Securom and Safedisc reading?

reading - nothing more

Serpeant,
What I simply mean is when I play my backup of C&C Renegade in my Toshiba SD-M1502, the backup won’t play burned by a 1 sheep burner. However, when I play the backup in my LiteON LTD 165, it plays just fine. Somehow the LiteON 165h model gets around the ATIP factor even if the backup is burned by a 1 sheep burner (writes regular bit patters almost correctly).

Shoebedobedoo :cool:

My JLMS (LiteOn) XJ-HD166S (former LTD-166S) reads twin sectors very well. I can confirm that I only needed 1 CD to install & play SecuROM 4.8x backups :smiley: