ok ihav been through all the possible forums looking 4 a straight forward

advice bout which drive to choose.

Here are my requirements.

1.Sata interface.

2.Discs will be used: DVD+R 4.7GB/120min , DVD+RW >>All Single layer

3.Very good burn quality.

4.Long lasting DVD burner.

5.Writing Speed IS NOT A ISSUE AT ALL.

6.Dual layer burning capability for some casual burn.

Please advice among Benq, Samsung, Lite-on, Philips, LG, Asus

Mention the model Number as well.

looking forward to hear 4m u guyz. thnx. :cool:

Welcome, If you can find one the Optiarc 720xS is my first choice otherwise the Optiarc 7240S is the second choice.

The place where i live dont have sony optiarc.

Please advice among Benq, Samsung, Lite-on, Philips, LG, Asus (wid model number)

[QUOTE=minitt;2281213]ok ihav been through all the possible forums looking 4 a straight forward

advice bout which drive to choose.

Here are my requirements.

1.Sata interface.

2.Discs will be used: DVD+R 4.7GB/120min , DVD+RW >>All Single layer

3.Very good burn quality.

4.Long lasting DVD burner.

5.Writing Speed IS NOT A ISSUE AT ALL.

6.Dual layer burning capability for some casual burn.

Please advice among Benq, Samsung, Lite-on, Philips, LG

Mention the model Number as well.

looking forward to hear 4m u guyz. thnx. :cool:[/QUOTE]

Welcome minitt

Well first of all benq is out of the ODD business and most philips drives are samsung or liteon, so as [B]jamescooley1[/B] said the optiarc 720xS & 7240S would be my first choice, and second would be the iHASx22 series with the [B]CodeKing’s[/B] mod firmware.

can u guyz recommand me somthing from Lite-on,samsung and LG

and be specific about which model to choose (not just series).

btw i wonder why the new lite-on 24x W/label tag isnt reviewd yet.

The place where i live dont have sony optiarc.

[QUOTE=minitt;2281290]can u guyz recommand me somthing from Lite-on,samsung and LG

and be specific about which model to choose (not just series).

btw i wonder why the new lite-on 24x W/label tag isnt reviewd yet.[/QUOTE]
LiteOn iHAS322 or the iHAS122 but use C0deKing’s modded firmware also these are good quality scanner.
Hard to find but a Samsung 203b or 203n.

Completlely forget about LiteOns if you want to burn CD-Rs.

[QUOTE=Womi;2281307]Completlely forget about LiteOns if you want to burn CD-Rs.[/QUOTE]

The burn quality isn’t bad (on cd’s), and not as good as a nec or pioneer;) but if liteon is the only option, then why not, and so far i didn’t have any problems with my sony dru860A@iHAP322 when i was burning cd’s.

[QUOTE=Womi;2281307]Completlely forget about LiteOns if you want to burn CD-Rs.[/QUOTE]
minitt did not mention CD-Rs

ok im narrowed down to these:

*Lite-on iHAS422\ 322

*LG GH22LP20

*SAMSUNG SH-S223Q

let me choose from these

The LG should be a great dvd burner if you use good media and also a good cd burner, i think that it’s based on a Panasonic chipset, so that probably means 16x is the lowest speed for cd.

The liteon for me is also a very good dvd burner and a good dvd scanner ripper with codeking’s firmware, and i personaly didn’t have any issues with cd burning.

The samsung for me is the worst burner i have ever had, even worst than my 4570, low quality burns with dvd’s, and random C2 errors in cd’s, the only positive is that it is ine if the fastest dvd rippers i have ever had.

Notice that all this is just my personal opinion (i have the 223 and the ihap322), so if have some extra time to spent check the 223 thread, the iHAxx22 and also the gh22 results & discussion-242448/.

[QUOTE=vroom;2281425]The LG should be a great dvd burner if you use good media and also a good cd burner, i think that it’s based on a Panasonic chipset, so that probably means 16x is the lowest speed for cd.

The liteon for me is also a very good dvd burner and a good dvd scanner ripper with codeking’s firmware, and i personaly didn’t have any issues with cd burning.

The samsung for me is the worst burner i have ever had, even worst than my 4570, low quality burns with dvd’s, and random C2 errors in cd’s, the only positive is that it is ine if the fastest dvd rippers i have ever had.

Notice that all this is just my personal opinion (i have the 223 and the ihap322), so if have some extra time to spent check the 223 thread, the iHAxx22 and also the gh22 results & discussion-242448/.[/QUOTE]

OMG all these results gave me a headache.:bow:

but i think i should be leaning toward lite-on ihap322 With moded firmwire