Best DVD Media

vbimport

I have a Lite-on 411S DVD burner and I am looking for quality DVD-/+R media for my PS2 (Version 7), any suggestions? I dont want to spend much over $1 a disc.

Thanks
Ian

Originally posted by slipneo007

I am looking for quality DVD-/+R media for my PS2 (Version 7), any suggestions?
Suggestions :

#1. [DVD-R:TYG01]

#2. [DVD-R:MCC 01RG20 ]

#3. [DVD+R:RICOHJPN-R00-001]

Thanks for the suggestions.
Any idea where to get those at here in the states?
What brand is DVD-R:TYG01?
Sorry I am a noob at DVD burning.

I have the exact same situation as you, slipneo007. I have a 411s and I have a ps2 version 7.

I believe it is going to be very hard to find MCC or TY for less than $1 a piece. I paid $2.90 for TY at compusa (fujifilm 4x dvd-r made in japan).

I have been using ritek g4 and you can find those for less than $1. However, when you put a game on them, the playstation asks for a ps2 compatible disk. If you put a movie on them and then play that on the ps2, it rocks!

I have been putting the games on crappy cmc magnetics media. You should be able to find some of that for less than $1. However, movies put on those disks have a tendency to pixelate on stand alone players.

The version 7 PS2 I have plays +R media without a hitch. So I would suggest finding some +R media and using the bitsetting utility to set the book type to dvd-rom.

Here is the link I use to find media:

http://dealmac.com/sections/supplies.html

Hope that helps.

Originally posted by slipneo007

What brand is DVD-R:TYG01?

Taiyo Yuden DVD-R silver lacquer media, 4.7GB, 4x, 50 Pc. cakebox

Product Code - TAI-DVDR47ZZSB4

Qty - Price
50 - $1.91
100 - $1.87

Do you (BoSkin) know any place in Sweden where you can get Taiyo Yuden DVD media? I live on the westcoast, so no local shop in Stockholm :slight_smile:

Tack på förhand :smiley:

Originally posted by ZeeB

Do you (BoSkin) know any place in Sweden where you can get Taiyo Yuden DVD media?
I live on the westcoast, so no local shop in Stockholm :slight_smile:

Tack på förhand :smiley:
Yep :wink:

Have a look here > [COLOR=blue]Fujifilm DVD-R 4x = Taiyo Yuden

Jag såg dem nog på Clas Olhson - kolla gärna där också.[/COLOR]

damn, i’ve searched my ass off but didn’t find that thread :bow:

thx!!

Looks like my fading memory still refuses to give up. :cool:

genericuser-
You need a modchip to play games
I have the slide card and it works OK. but the lens has a very hard time reading my memorex DVD+Rs, and the games wont load.
I use Alcohol 120 to burn my PS2 games, anyone have a better software suggestion?

Best price I found for a pack of 100 is $168.00 before shipping from www.rima.com To my zip code in PA shipping is only 5.85.
Anyone ever buy from www.rima.com ?

Originally posted by WareWolF

Anyone ever buy from www.rima.com ?
The fastest way to learn is to search for ‘rima.com’ here - there will pop-up lots of answers.