Best DVD media to use?

Hi Everyone,

I’m using DVDFAB 6.0.1.0 just to back up the regular DVD’s I own (no Blue ray or anything YET anyways). I’ll only be doing full copies, nothing fancy. I’ll be burning at a slow speed as everyone says that’s best to do, so I will. I have an older internal Philips ±RW DVD8631 if that makes any difference.

Can someone point me to some good or better or best DVD media to burn to? I’m sure some of you experts know the best media. I bought some TDK+R media, is that any good or is it crappy? Since I spend money on movies, I want to make sure my Back-ups will work properly IF they are ever needed.

Also can someone point me to the best (IE cheapest) place online to buy such media?

Thanks for any direction,
Steve

Use Taiyo Yuden and Verbatim media only for best results

Rima.Newegg are a couple of places to check out

Hi bean55,

Thank you for the VERY QUICK response. I’ve heard of Verbatim before, not the other one, is this a good deal for 100? Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs Disc - Retail at www.neweg.com It’s $22.99 & It includes free shipping?

Thanks for any other responses from anyone!,
Steve

[QUOTE=Steve1209;2290739]Hi bean55,

Thank you for the VERY QUICK response. I’ve heard of Verbatim before, not the other one, is this a good deal for 100? Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Packs Disc - Retail at www.neweg.com It’s $22.99 & It includes free shipping?

Thanks for any other responses from anyone!,
Steve[/QUOTE]

Yes :iagree: very good deal :bigsmile:
I myself use Taiyo Yuden for my single layer disc and Verbatim dounle layers (MIS)

As StormJumper says:

A very good deal
:iagree: :iagree:

The Taiyo Yuden can only be purchased online as far as I know. newegg has them also.

As far as slow speed , I have gotten my best results burning at half the speed the disc are rated at.
Others are getting good burns at 12x on the 16x depending on burner

EXELLENT deal…
thanks for heads up…
I buy my Verbatims 16x at newegg regularly…
loging on right now

You should check out the bargain basement forum.
Some of the best deals around are posted there by other members

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f58/

Just bought 200 verbatims at newegg…
yes, free shipping also…

I just bought Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Pack for $22 and FREE shipping, I also got a 100 Pack of CD’s Verbatim 52X for $13.99 after REBATE of $5.00 & FREE shipping!!!

[QUOTE=Steve1209;2290826]I just bought Verbatim 4.7GB 16X DVD+R 100 Pack for $22 and FREE shipping, I also got a 100 Pack of CD’s Verbatim 52X for $13.99 after REBATE of $5.00 & FREE shipping!!![/QUOTE]

Yeah like I said before I use Taiyo Yuden media for my single layer disc’s but couldn’t pass up that price, so I got 2 /100 pack myself :bigsmile: