Best dvd/cd burner

Been having alot of problems with my atapi ihas120 burning cd/dvds. Tryed different media types. Have 100 pack of verbatim dvd-r coming this week. Hoping it solves my probs.But probaly gonna give up on this burner just use it for ripping and loading games etc. Soo what is a solid dvd/cd sata burner. Thank you.:slight_smile:

Either the Optiarc 7200s or the Optiarc 7240s would be a good dvd burner with the SATA interface.

Take a look in the NEC/Optiarc subforum for user reviews of the two drives: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f86/

Thanks=)

Well I am trying to decide between the sony 7240, Lg Gh22l530, and the samsung s223q…

My Pioneer 117D works very well!!! – Mick

He’s looking for a SATA drive Mick. The 117D is PATA.

The 217D Pioneer has just now shown up in stores here in the US, but I haven’t followed the discussions for it very closely. The Optiarcs have more user input.

I think I’d take a chance on the Optiarcs mentioned earlier or the Pioneer 217D over the Samsung 223 series.

[QUOTE=darkian;2271644]Well I am trying to decide between the sony 7240, Lg Gh22l530, and the samsung s223q…[/QUOTE]

I have the Samsung SH-S223Q. It is a decent burner with the latest firmware. But the Optiarc 720x series are better burners. From users’ opinions, it looks like the 7240 is also very good. From the 3 you mention here, I would get the Sony/Optiarc 7240S.

have one internal, one external, solves the confusion.

Cool, gonna go with the sony. thanks guys)