Best dvd burning software for me

vbimport

Hi all.

I am looking to burn a few dvd’s and am currently looking for some good programs to use.
I watch all dvd’s on a small analogue tv and my pc, no big plasma or hd tv’s. No wide screens either.
Quality means alot to me, but my tv and pc are small so quality shouldn’t really be too different, no matter how I burn?

Im looking for easy programs to use, that give good quality dvd’s.
I only keep 5.1 sound English, English subtitles. I delete all extras and everything else, so obviously the program I need has to have that ability.
The program does not have to be 1 click, and I can use a combination of many programs, aslong as they are easy to use.

I use verbatim dvd-r media and my dvd burner is a liteon. My pc is an amd athlon dual core and I have xp installed.

Also another question, does surfing the net or watching youtube videos while burning/ripping have any adverse affects on the dvd quality?

Can you recomend me a program to use? Which one do you use? Free programs would be prefered but if their are no good ones I will have to buy software.

Thankyou.

Well since you want just movie only and prefer free programs I would have to say DVDFab HD Decryptor free to rip the DVD to Hard drive and then DVD Shrink to rip and burn movie only to DVD. Now you can use other programs that are not free as well but give you a free trial. They are DVD neXt COPY, 1 Click DVD COPY Pro, AnyDVD with CloneDVD2. AnyDVD works with DVD neXt COPY and 1 Click DVD COPY Pro as well.

To see what you like best would be to try them all and decide what is the best and easiest for you to use

Hey.

With reguards to dvd fab decrypter. Why do I need that at all when using dvd shrink?
Dvd shrink analyses the file and does rips it aswell, doesnt it?
What is the point of dvd fab decrypter?

Thankyou very much for your post.

[QUOTE=budgie88;2462574]Hey.

With reguards to dvd fab decrypter. Why do I need that at all when using dvd shrink?
Dvd shrink analyses the file and does rips it aswell, doesnt it?
What is the point of dvd fab decrypter?

Thankyou very much for your post.[/QUOTE]

DVDShrink hasn’t been updated for a very long time now and can’t cope with recent DVDs.

So you need DVDFab.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Oh ok that may explain why dvd shrink pauses at 98% on the first analysis on some of my dvd’s.

I tried 1 click dvd copy pro with any dvd as suggested, and 1 click dvd copy gets to the burning stage, and gets to about 20%-40% and stops. I remember this has always happened with this program, a very similar thing happens with dvd fab. So that rules both them programs out.
I guess I’ll stick with dvd shrink.
Most dvds I have require alot of compression 40%+, is dvd shrink the best program to use for that high compression? I noticed with 1 click dvd copy it said no compression was required, where as for the same dvd with shrink, it said 42% compression required.
Both dvds were selected with only english 5.1 audio, menu + audio for menu, and english subtitles.

I need a program that can copy main movie only, ive just noticed with dvd shrink that it still copies all the extras, I can only remove the audio from the extras. So that is no good for me, I dont want the extras at all.

Dvd fab spits the blank disc out as soon as I insert it to burn the files to it, so it cannot work.
What if I rip with dvd fab main movie only then burn with img burn?
Would that be best?
Gj I notice you said that you can burn movie only with dvd shrink, how do I do that?
If you cant, is their a ripper/decrypter I can use that does decrypt/rip movie only.

Click on the link in my signature called DvdFab HD Decrypter to Movie Only.

[QUOTE=budgie88;2462588]Most dvds I have require alot of compression 40%+, is dvd shrink the best program to use for that high compression?[/QUOTE]

For most movies transcoders do a pretty good job but for high compression, or compressing sources that are already very highly optimised, you’ll not beat a full re-encode.

There are some drawbacks in that it’ll take a bit longer to encode but for difficult sources there’s a massive difference in quality.

I’d recommend DVD Rebuilder if you’d like to try this.

The free version won’t do ‘movie only’ but you can use VobBlanker or PgcEdit to blank out or remove the titlesets you don’t require.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=budgie88;2462596]I need a program that can copy main movie only, ive just noticed with dvd shrink that it still copies all the extras, I can only remove the audio from the extras. So that is no good for me, I dont want the extras at all.

Dvd fab spits the blank disc out as soon as I insert it to burn the files to it, so it cannot work.
What if I rip with dvd fab main movie only then burn with img burn?
Would that be best?
Gj I notice you said that you can burn movie only with dvd shrink, how do I do that?
If you cant, is their a ripper/decrypter I can use that does decrypt/rip movie only.[/QUOTE]
There are programs that can do movie only but they not free so just follow what Beef Barley said below and you will have a perfect movie to watch

[QUOTE=beef barley;2462625]Click on the link in my signature called DvdFab HD Decrypter to Movie Only.[/QUOTE]

Also what Wombler mentioned below are also good programs to use and have in case they are needed

[QUOTE=Wombler;2462643]For most movies transcoders do a pretty good job but for high compression, or compressing sources that are already very highly optimised, you’ll not beat a full re-encode.

There are some drawbacks in that it’ll take a bit longer to encode but for difficult sources there’s a massive difference in quality.

I’d recommend DVD Rebuilder if you’d like to try this.

The free version won’t do ‘movie only’ but you can use VobBlanker or PgcEdit to blank out or remove the titlesets you don’t require.

Wombler[/QUOTE]