Best dvd burner

Taking a look at this…
http://www.allyourbaseonline.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_43_46
I was wondering which is the best burner.

Look, this is what i need:
-Dual layer
-The one that has the less errors with reading and writing dvds.
-One that has the most anti copy prevention.
-I really don’t care about the speeds of reading and writing discs.
-Don’t care about dvd-ram.

1. Why theres is no review for the sony burners?
  2. Could it be that slower burners (8x,4x) are better?
  3. I remember a while back that everything Goldstar “its LG now” made was guarantied to break after 1 year. Did this changed now?

The Pioneer is going to the dogs, Lite-On are only good readers (picky at writing cheap media), Plextors cost an arm and a leg, and LG sucks the big one.

The Sony DW-D22B is really a rebadged Lite-On SOHW-1633S

The NEC ND-3500A combined with a Lite-On XJ-HD-166S DVD-ROM will give you best reading and writing quality. Get one from a different dealer.

Any brand of high quality -R, +R, and dual layer that Lite-On likes?
When writing on dvds that Lite-On likes , are they as good as writing them with Nec? Also, are those dvds compatible with most dvd players?
Is there any firmware hack for Lite-On like there is with Nec?

Any brand of high quality -R, +R, and dual layer that Lite-On likes?

Ricoh prodisc verbatim ty +Rs to name a few and ive got to add phillips C08`s are probucing orsome burns on my 811s with modded firmware. try to stay away from -R if you get a liteon.

When writing on dvds that Lite-On likes , are they as good as writing them with Nec? Also, are those dvds compatible with most dvd players?

yes and if you use + with bitsetting to dvd-rom then you should get max compatibility.

Is there any firmware hack for Lite-On like there is with Nec?

there are more hacks and tweeking tools for lteons than another burner, and you can get sl bitsetting with standard f/w on liteons not nec3500.

Any Hacks for the Lite-On that permits it to write CSS keys?
When using Software that recreates movie dvds(remove protection etc), does the movie appears with the same menu, features, graphics and special effects?

not realy sure what you mean there, but this might be answer using dvd decripter to rip your dvd to HD will remove CSS protection, i use dvd shrink if it a dvd9 so it`ll fit on a dvd5 you lose a bit of quality but overall with the latset shrink theirs not much difference.

hope this helps

About the first question http://www.cdfreaks.com/article/150
“Still CSS keys can’t be written to DVD+R discs because every DVD recorder and DVD player has a limit in its firmware to write or read to this space.”
Its not that important but it would be great if someone hacks the firmware to enable CSS writing.

About the second question. I am totaly new here so i didn’t knew that you could extract the full dvd, remove the css protection and burn it like it was an 1:1 copy. You answered my question with your answer.

Another question. In 4 or 5 years, do you think i will ask questions about Blu-ray disc or ill ask questions about hologram disc?

Edit: Oh, thanks everyone! :bow:

Another question. In 4 or 5 years, do you think i will ask questions about Blu-ray disc or ill ask questions about hologram disc?

sorry can only use my crystal balls once a day :eek: