Best DVD Burner Under $50

vbimport

I know this question must get asked over and over. Is there a place that lists the best DVD burners currently available?

If not, the Pioneer DVR-115DBK seems to get a lot of comments. Would it be the best bet in my price range?

Hi,

the Pioneer 115 is indeed a very good “general use” drive. 115D is lacking DVD-RAM write support, but this is a non-issue for many users.
You can’t go wrong with that.

Michael

Thanks

Yo i am jim-

If you are in USA and want a Pioneer 115D - better find one fast - 'cause they are in short supply and have been replaced by the 116D model - which is probably worth waiting for-eh!!

[quote=bigmike7;2097834]Yo i am jim-

If you are in USA and want a Pioneer 115D - better find one fast - 'cause they are in short supply and have been replaced by the 116D model - which is probably worth waiting for-eh!![/quote]

Thanks, I need it now so I can’t wait. I’ll check to see if the 116 is available but it hasn’t been rated yet so I’d be inclined to get the proven one anyway.

FYI, [I][B] NewEgg has the 116D[/B][/I] (OEM, bare drive) on sale for $29.99 with free shipping.

That’s cheaper than I can get the 115.

Can we know it performs as well? What’s the advantage of the 116 over the 115? What can it do the 115 can’t?

@ i_am_jim,

Suggest visiting the CD Freaks Pioneer DVD Burner Forum (http://club.cdfreaks.com/f87) and review the active Pioneer DVR-116 threads.

Regards,
bjkg