Best DVD Backup Software

Which is the best software to back up dvd’s on a dvd writer?
Is one piece of software enough for this?

• im very new to dvd backup soz

Many thx

Originally posted by T-Mess
[B]Which is the best software to back up dvd’s on a dvd writer?
Is one piece of software enough for this?

• im very new to dvd backup soz

Many thx [/B]

My vote goes for CloneDVD2, but beeing a co-author, I might be a little bit preoccupied… :slight_smile:

Anyway, it is a high quality, very fast and robust piece of software very well suited for both the beginnner and frequent user.

You should note, that it cannot backup protected discs, like all commercial programs available. You need additional software to do this (DVD Decrypter, but probably AnyDVD is better for beginners and is faster and more flexible)

So how do i do this - using clonedvd and anydvd at the same time to get by copy protection + why doesnt clonedvd do this anyway just like clonecd did (that didnt need anything else…)?

If you to do it for FREE, use DVD Shrink latest version. Make sure you run deep anaylsis first, its takes about 20/30 minutes depending on the size of the DVD, but it costs nothing :wink:

Originally posted by T-Mess
So how do i do this - using clonedvd and anydvd at the same time to get by copy protection + why doesnt clonedvd do this anyway just like clonecd did (that didnt need anything else…)?

AnyDVD runs invisible in the background and does a lot of useful things. Try it.
CloneDVD doesn’t bypass copy protections because it is illegal in almost any countries (USA, Japan, most parts of Europe).