Best DVD Backing up Software

vbimport

Hello Everyone,
Hope all is well.

I was looking for a bit of advice and sorry I am new so not sure this has been pasted in the correct place.

I have been using Nero Recode for many years now to backup my DVD’s as I have always belived it was the best( although this is only what I read quite a few years back).

The recoding process has destroyed many of the discs that I created but did not check, with the video breaking up in blocks, the same issue did not occur with 1click dvd copy pro.

I was looking for advice and suggestions on what the best software is now to use to backup DVD’s, any help would be great.

Thank you

Hi and welcome to the forum, I will move your thread to the right forum so you will get more feedback. :flower:

If you want retain the movie in video DVD format (i.e. as IFO-BUP-VOB files), DVD Shrink is one of the best (and free) alternatives.

Also CloneDVD is an excellent choice, but too bad is not free :frowning:

Another free alternative is DVD Rebuilder, but it requires a powerful CPU to make a backup.

If you want convert the movie in a different format, like Xvid for example, then one of the best (again free, and also very easy to use) software is AutoGK.

If you want use a different format, then post here for more details :slight_smile:

Thank you for moving my post.

Happy New Year!

I am looking to back my dvds up to up to dvd discs so they can be played on a dvd player.

I used to use dvd shrink as it was great but then I hear the developer joined the nero team and created there recode software for them so thats when I made the switch to nero. I have checked the dvd shrink site and it says that the last update to the program was in 2004, is this correct?

I think I will give clone dvd a go as I already use anydvd.

Thank you for the help

[QUOTE=kornnutcase;2480966]

I think I will give clone dvd a go as I already use anydvd.

Thank you for the help[/QUOTE]

You have a great combination to go already if you buy CloneDVD it will be worth every cent just make sure if you do get it purchase the lifetime updates it’s more expensive but worth it. I have all three slysoft software aka Anydvd HD, CloneCD, CloneDVD, CloneDVDmobile and they for my usage is worth every penny I spent purchasing them plus having lifetime updates for all 4 slysoft software as well. But make sure you do have the lastest version of CloneDVD and Anydvd so as to get the best performance and updated decryption for Anydvd.

Even if not more developed by a lot of time, DVD Shrink is still an excellent software :slight_smile:

However, the best quality it can be obtained with a software like DVD Rebuilder, because it use a better method of compression (it actually re-encode the entire movie instead of a quick transcode).

If you have a powerful enough CPU, maybe you can give a try also to it :slight_smile:

Sorry when you say a powerfull cpu would a p4 3.2ghz be sufficiant

Thanx again

I think that a p4 3.2ghz is powerful enough to use DVD rebuilder :slight_smile:

If course, a more recent multicore CPU is a better choice, but you can run a quick test just to see how much time is required to compress a full DVD. If only few hours are needed then rebuilder is a good choice, otherwise DVD Shrink is still the best :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=kornnutcase;2481040]Sorry when you say a powerfull cpu would a p4 3.2ghz be sufficiant

Thanx again[/QUOTE]
It will be fine, it will take take a little longer than a multi core CPU. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for all the help.

Sorry does DVD Rebuilder have its own website? If not what is the latest version?

Thank you

there are many programs out there that will do a good job and many have free trials so give them a test and see which ones you like best such as DVDFAB and DVD neXt Copy, FAB has a 30 day period and Next Copy has a 3 day period

[QUOTE=kornnutcase;2481281]Thanks again for all the help.

Sorry does DVD Rebuilder have its own website? If not what is the latest version?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

You’re welcome :slight_smile:

DVD Rebuilder has a dedicated website here.

You can also find more information here