Best dual-layer burning app?

I’ve read a couple posts about various programs (Nero) that have problems burning on dual-layer DVD recorders, or perhaps not burning a dual-layer ISO image correctly. What is the best program to use? I have a 7Gb dual-layer ISO that I want to create a DVD with but before I coaster an expensive blank disc, I want to make sure I use the best app. It’s a data disc, not video.

Nero, Recordmax or Alcohol? I have them all, but which does it right? Or do they all?

Thanks,
Robert

I tried Nero 6.6.014 on two different drives (NEC 3540 and Philips 16LS) trying to burn a Dual layer ISO and it ruined 4 DVDDL disks.

I would be cautious and not use Nero if i were you.

Try DVDDecrypter. In settings, let it choose where to place the layer break. Out of the apps you list, for DL burning I wouldn’t use Nero, RN supposedly is okay, dunno about Alcohol. But I have used DVDDecrypter successfully a few times, as have many other folks. Good luck. :slight_smile:

valnar

I have used (and still do) DVD Decrypter to remove copy protection then I use Roxio Easy Media Creator 7.5 to actually burn the disc. The burner that I use is a Plextor PX-716SA (Serial ATA interface) DVD Burner. When I use Roxio and put a Dual Layer DVD+R blank in my burner, Roxio recognizes that the disc is dual layer and offers to burn at 4x or 2.4x. Side Note: Roxio recognizes 8x DVD-R’s and offers to burn them at 16x, 12x, 8x, and 4x. For information on how to burn using Roxio visit this page of mine:

http://mysite.verizon.net/eric.groves/pg50.html