Best DL DVD+R disk for Plextor 712,716

vbimport

Hi,

I currently have a Plextor 712, and 716 dvd recorder. I’ve been using “Taiyo Yuden” +R disk, and have no complaints.

I want move into Double/Dual Layer dvd media, but I don’t see any from Taiyo Yuden. If Taiyo doesn’t make them, does anyone know when they plan on producing 8.5/9.0 disk? Also can someone tell me who makes the best DL +r and RW disk on the market today?

Thanks.

Matt

Verbatim, and Verbatim.

The 712A can’t record to Double Layer media.

Ditto. Don’t bother with any other DL discs, and while you’re at it grab the Verbatim RWs as well, and get peace of mind. :slight_smile: :cool: (i.e. there are other choices for RW but the Verbs are great).

My usual hint for RWs: don’t forget to perform a full erase every 5-6 burns to extend the lifetime of your discs. :wink:

^Franck, the MIJ Sony S11 +RW discs are giving lower error rates than my MKMA02 discs …:o

After how much formattings?

Are all the Verbatim DL discs made in Singapore by Mit. Chemicals?

My usual hint for RWs: don’t forget to perform a full erase every 5-6 burns to extend the lifetime of your discs. :wink:

When I use RWs, I usually fill up the whole disc before I do a quick erase on it and fill it up again. Is there any particular reason to do a full erase every 5-6 burns?

All of the D/L Verbs that I have seen are MIS. I also agree that for D/L for ANY burner Verbatim is the ONLY choice at this point for dependable media that is flexible across all applications.

As I said, there are other choices for RW. But I don’t base my media recommendations on PIE/PIF plots only! First I don’t think they’re always relevant in the overall picture (as long as they’re rather good), and also I take the [I]amount[/I] of user feedback/satisfaction into account, as well as my own experience with media. :wink: - I almost never recommend a media that I haven’t personally used successfully in several different burners.

Not sure about that. I’ve been following this advice and since then I don’t have anymore failed RW burns. I’ll let members with more technical knowledge about phase-change materials give the relevant explanations. :slight_smile: