Best Divx DVD player

Hi all as the title says im looking for a good divx dvd player/recorder the stand alone type, Im looking for a fully spec`d machine if possible, which will play most of the video formats availables today, mostly the Divx and xvid formats, can anly one recommed such a device, Ive had a look around and there are so many to choose from, the mind boggles, thanks in advance

How much do you want to spend?

£40-£100 maybe more depending on spec and what it can do? I`m looking for an all rounder, if thats possible. can you get them with digital tv tuners?

The best DVD Player is the universe is PHILIPS DVD Player model 642
It plays ANYTHING! Mpeg video avi wmv and more simply by burning the videos to a CD/DVD

Link:

That looks like a good player, are there any that are future proof or can take firmware/software updates when required, also what do you think about this one http://www.liteonit.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=40&Itemid=119&limit=1&limitstart=1

[quote=jedi134;1927585]£40-£100 maybe more depending on spec and what it can do? I`m looking for an all rounder, if thats possible. can you get them with digital tv tuners?[/quote]I got a Umax DVD-7600XTV DivX/DVD Player from SVP that has Freeview tuner built-in for £46.99 (looks like you’re in the UK?). Reads every type of disc put into it, but for DL I’ve only used Verbatim brand Mitsubishi MKM +R DL. Takes media cards and USB sticks and also plays bare MPEG2 files. So far works very well, although it is rather a flimsy build. If you’re looking for something not for heavy use then it’s worth considering.:

Edit: OK sorry I see you want a DVD recorder, which this one isn’t.

BTW I think Seán did a review of that LiteOn unit last year.

That looks the business, only if it was a recorder as well, cheers for the info , i`ll keep looking

Panasonic makes some DVD recorders that play DivX files. Here’s one but it is over you budget: http://tinyurl.com/2m49yj IMO, you’re asking a lot for the amount you’re willing to pay.