vbimport

Here’s a cool promotional thing for all you fellow Canadians:

http://www.ncix.com/promo/promosale.php?webid=xmasjuly2005

Some of the highlights include
TAIYO YUDEN DVD-R 4X 4.7GB 100 DISC SHRINK WRAP BULK PACK for $36
MAXELL 8X DVD-R /W INKJET PRINTABLE SURFACE 50 DISC SPINDLE for $30
OPTODISC GENERIC 8X DVD-R 25 PACK SPINDLE BLANK MEDIA DISC for $5

Enjoy!

they also have the BenQ DW1620 for $45. That’s about US$37. a pretty good deal.

I’d be wary of the Optodisc Generic discs at NCIX. The staff themselves have told me to avoid them.

I purchased a 25 pack of both the Optodisc Generic and Optodisc Acro Circle 4X DVD-R 25 packs. The generics are printable and have produced 4 coasters in 4 attempts whereas the Acro Circles are silver and have worked all three times I’ve used them.

Both are labelled R004, but have slightly different codes OTC-R84324WP (generic) and OTC-R84462WP (Acro Circle). The burner I’m using is a Pioneer 109 with firmware 1.50. I’ve knocked the recording speed down to 1x just to be cautious, and that still failed. All the research I’ve done says the R004 discs are decent media, so what gives ? Is it compatability issues with my drive, or are these some sort of knock-off disc ?

Well Optodisc certainly aren’t reknowned for their high quality or consistancy so that is no surprise. I would gladly pay the extra $16 for TY. :wink:

I’ve never used Optodisc, they’re just pretty cheap so I linked to 'em. Are the Acro Circle inkjet printable? Link?

These are the Acro Circle discs I mentioned. They are not inkjet printable. It appears they’re also selling an inkjet printable version of this disc as well.