Best current SATA audio ripper for EAC?

vbimport

Dear all,

hi and thanks for taking the time to read my post :slight_smile:

I’m in the process of ripping and archving all my audio cd collection using EAC + Flac. I’ve been doing this using the dvd writer that comes with my computer, but I find it slow, plus at times I notice it swaps the stereo channels for some ripped cds.

Therefore I’m looking for the best current SATA internal DVD unit to be used almost exclusively for the purpose of ripping audio. I do close to zero dvd/cd burning, so that would not be one of the main parameters. What I’m interested in is

-decent ripping speed in secure mode
-good C2 implementation
-availability in the UK

Amazon currently sells brands like Liteon, Samsung, LG and Optiarc. I would avoid the Plextors because I read they’re overpriced rebundled drives. Any suggestions?

Thanks a lot!

Hi and Welcome!

for that job, I’d go for

1. LG with Renesas chipset (check our LG writers section for more information)
  2. Optiarc

Michael

Hi and thank you for your reply. I can easily find optiarc drives in the uk, would a 7263S suit? However I would be grateful if you could suggest an LG model currently in production, based on the chipset you specify?

Hi,[QUOTE=Bendoran;2585210]Hi and thank you for your reply.[/quote]You’re Welcome :slight_smile:

I can easily find optiarc drives in the uk, would a 7263S suit?
Should do.

However I would be grateful if you could suggest an LG model currently in production, based on the chipset you specify?
That’s why I suggested to check our LG writers sub-forum. LG makes it hard to determine the chipset from the model name. Additionally, vendors don’t mention the complete model name either, so you often do not know what you get :frowning:

Michael