Best Comp. Speakers for around $100

vbimport

I will mostly be using the speakers for movies and music. I don’t really game all that much. Also, these speakers are going in a mid-sized bedroom (If you want specifics I might be able to get them).

I just ordered the CHAINTECH Sound Card, Model “AV-710” from newegg and now I am looking to get some new PC speakers to go with it. I don’t really want to spend more than $100 including shipping.

5.1 speakers would be awesome, but I’m willing to get 2.1 speakers if they have better sound quality for the price.

So far I am looking at:

Logitech Z640 - $50-60
ALTEC LANSING 251 5.1 - $55-65
ALTEC LANSING MX5021 2.1 - $120-140
Creative Inspire T7700 7.1 - $110-120
Creative Inspire T5400 5.1 - $70-90
Klipsch Promedia GMX A-2.1 $110-120
Logitech Z-5300 - $110-140

I’m leaning towards the cheaper Logitech’s but I’m not sure whether or not I’ll be satisfied with it.

Also, I really hate hiss, and want to find a a system with as little as possible even at high volumes.

Thanks, Jonathan.

Personally I’ve got the ALTEC LANSING 251 set. I think they are great speakers, no hissing at all with high volumes. They are so loud I couldn’t really even turn them up past 40% or so because I lived in an apartment and the neighbors below us would bang on the roof when I turned it up past that. :stuck_out_tongue: My only complaint might be the sub isn’t as great as I expected, but for the price I got them it’s good enough for me. I don’t have any other PC speakers (sub) to compare them to so I can’t say if it’s worse than other ones…