Best Clarity CD-R for burning music

vbimport

Hello,

Newbie here needing to know what cd-r disc would be the best choice for sound as to burning music on? I was looking at the tayio yuden blank discs on this site: http://www.mediamegamall.com/taiyo-yuden-shiny-silver-100pk-cdr80zz100sbzm-p-37.html
and was wondering if they were all the same quality?

Also, is it better to burn music at a slower rate or faster rate? I am presently using an older Sony CD-RW Model#CRX210E1

Thanks a bunch!

Hi Gammaray1965, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Taiyo Yuden CD-R media is the best you can get.

The difference between various versions of the TY media is the top layer, which determines whether you can print something on the disc but also determines how well your data is protected (since the data on CDs is just under the reflective layer of aluminium.

I’m not familiar with your particular burner, but the burn speed can make a difference in the readability of the final disc. For modern drives the best burning speed is usually somewhere between 16x and 32x. On an older burner I’d try using roughly half the maximum speed of the burner.

[QUOTE=DrageMester;2164936]Hi Gammaray1965, welcome to CDFreaks! :slight_smile:

Taiyo Yuden CD-R media is the best you can get.

The difference between various versions of the TY media is the top layer, which determines whether you can print something on the disc but also determines how well your data is protected (since the data on CDs is just under the reflective layer of aluminium.

I’m not familiar with your particular burner, but the burn speed can make a difference in the readability of the final disc. For modern drives the best burning speed is usually somewhere between 16x and 32x. On an older burner I’d try using roughly half the maximum speed of the burner.[/QUOTE]
I was thinking on getting these : http://www.mediamegamall.com/taiyo-yuden-shiny-silver-100pk-cdr80zz100sbzm-p-37.html
What do you think?

Yo Gammaray-

The initial price on the Media Mega Mall site is ok - but their shipping of $12 is way outta line-

Suggest looking at www.rima.com for their prices on premium Taiyo Yuden medias - and their shipping is far more reasonable than Media Mega Mall-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2165029]Yo Gammaray-

The initial price on the Media Mega Mall site is ok - but their shipping of $12 is way outta line-

Suggest looking at www.rima.com for their prices on premium Taiyo Yuden medias - and their shipping is far more reasonable than Media Mega Mall-eh!![/QUOTE]

Big Mike, which Taiyo Yuden CD-R’s do you recommend buying for burning music? Also thanks for that web site!

Yo-

To the best of my knowledge - ALL Taiyo Yuden CD-R’s are the same - with only the exception for the top surface for printing purposes-

I use the regular silver finish ones and write directly on them with a sharpie-

Two truths about burning CD-R’s:

Burn music at 16x

Burn data at 24x or 32x

This will give you the best results-eh!!

Hi Gammaray

Any of the TY CDR at Rima will be great. If you have capability of printing directly to the disc then you will most likely want InkPrintable.

You wont go wrong with the TY media from Rima, my only source for them for a few years now.

Sorry BigMike

I did not mean to step in so quickly.

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2165166]Yo-

To the best of my knowledge - ALL Taiyo Yuden CD-R’s are the same - with only the exception for the top surface for printing purposes-

I use the regular silver finish ones and write directly on them with a sharpie-

Two truths about burning CD-R’s:

Burn music at 16x

Burn data at 24x or 32x

This will give you the best results-eh!![/QUOTE]

Thanks again BigMike, I think I will order some without the print stuff. Anyhow, I think that the highest speed I can burn with my Sony is like 10x or 12x!

[QUOTE=~KIPPER~;2165170]Hi Gammaray

Any of the TY CDR at Rima will be great. If you have capability of printing directly to the disc then you will most likely want InkPrintable.

You wont go wrong with the TY media from Rima, my only source for them for a few years now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kipper, I would like to find a good burner for burning some hi-fidelity/Master recordings I have. I looked around this site, but couldn’t find anything! I was also wondering where I might ask some questions about a program I use to burn music. The program is Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2ZS with sound card.

Thanks,
Gammaray