Best cheap DVD media for NEC ND-2500A

vbimport

#1

I just ordered NEC ND-2500A from NewEgg and now I am looking for blank media. What will be the best cheap DVD +R & -R media for it?

Ideally, would like to get 4x media which I can burn at 8x.


#2

Your from cali?, go to Fry’s they always have some great deals i cant get:rolleyes:
Also Officemax has some damn good sales on usually +R media, month ago i picked a few hundred Arita which are Ricoh’s for $40 per 100 after rebate. burn at 8x with herrie’s firmware,6x otherwise.
Online buying i havent tried/nor would i who knows what they send you, read about some burn job’s with online sellers.


#3

Memorex 4X DVD+R media has been CMC or RICOHJPNR01 lately. Both of these burn great at 8X using Herries’ patched firmware.
Sales on Memorex media are frequent.


#4

What about Ritek G04? Does that work well with NEC ND-2500A?

Which media to avoid? Are there brands I need to avoid becuase they do not work well with it?


#5

Originally posted by harana
[B]What about Ritek G04? Does that work well with NEC ND-2500A?

Which media to avoid? Are there brands I need to avoid becuase they do not work well with it? [/B]

I can tell you straight up right now. Do not go with the G04’s. They burn fine and well, but the ND-2500a has some reading capability issues with these disk.


#6

Originally posted by TFX
I can tell you straight up right now. Do not go with the G04’s. They burn fine and well, but the ND-2500a has some reading capability issues with these disk.

A++++ Grade RITEKG 04’s should work fine. The bad thing is there’s a lot of cheap G04 trash around :Z


#7

Herrie, like how u’ve tested many discs, which brand G04s do u consider to be A+++? traxdata, datasafe? others?


#8

Originally posted by harana
[B]I just ordered NEC ND-2500A from NewEgg and now I am looking for blank media. What will be the best cheap DVD +R & -R media for it?

Ideally, would like to get 4x media which I can burn at 8x. [/B]

I got some Fujifilm-branded ProdiscS03 4x DVD-R media and its worked great. Was on sale at Best Buy: 50 pack for $49.99.

Burns at 4x with stock firmware, but burns at 6x with Herrie’s beta firmware, I believe. And 8x is supposed to be added in the next beta. Write quality tests at 6x looked very good.

I’ve also been going through my TDK 4x DVD+R (RICOHJPNR01 manufacture) and they burn great at 6x with the stock firmware. They burn at 8x with Herrie’s firmware as well.

Take a look at the “Testers Needed …” thread for a bunch of tests done on the drive with Herrie’s firmware at 6x and 8x. Should give you an idea of what’s worth buying.


#9

Originally posted by harana
[B]I just ordered NEC ND-2500A from NewEgg and now I am looking for blank media. What will be the best cheap DVD +R & -R media for it?

Ideally, would like to get 4x media which I can burn at 8x. [/B]

I purchased a spindle of 100 cmd (TTG01) form supermediawarehouse.com for $89. They have been working great.


#10

best buy here in belgium (so i guess of no use for you) are the 8 speed platinums . These got the most interessting price/quality ratio IMO . They burn @ 8speed with the standard 1.06 fw and produce awesome quality sans as grimes posted a while back . They come in 2 flavors but both are great , CMC E01 and ricohjpn02 (if i remember correct) . You can buy these @ 1 euro per disk . Sadly my country will be introducing a .7 euro dvd tax starting may 1st :c , get em while their hot ;]


#11

Originally posted by booma
Herrie, like how u’ve tested many discs, which brand G04s do u consider to be A+++? traxdata, datasafe? others?

I did not see a response to this question?

Herrie, any idea which brand G04 are A+++ quality?