Best cheap DVD media for NEC ND-2500A

I just ordered NEC ND-2500A from NewEgg and now I am looking for blank media. What will be the best cheap DVD +R & -R media for it?

Ideally, would like to get 4x media which I can burn at 8x.

Your from cali?, go to Fry’s they always have some great deals i cant get:rolleyes:
Also Officemax has some damn good sales on usually +R media, month ago i picked a few hundred Arita which are Ricoh’s for $40 per 100 after rebate. burn at 8x with herrie’s firmware,6x otherwise.
Online buying i havent tried/nor would i who knows what they send you, read about some burn job’s with online sellers.

Memorex 4X DVD+R media has been CMC or RICOHJPNR01 lately. Both of these burn great at 8X using Herries’ patched firmware.
Sales on Memorex media are frequent.

What about Ritek G04? Does that work well with NEC ND-2500A?

Which media to avoid? Are there brands I need to avoid becuase they do not work well with it?

Originally posted by harana
[B]What about Ritek G04? Does that work well with NEC ND-2500A?

Which media to avoid? Are there brands I need to avoid becuase they do not work well with it? [/B]

I can tell you straight up right now. Do not go with the G04’s. They burn fine and well, but the ND-2500a has some reading capability issues with these disk.

Originally posted by TFX
I can tell you straight up right now. Do not go with the G04’s. They burn fine and well, but the ND-2500a has some reading capability issues with these disk.

A++++ Grade RITEKG 04’s should work fine. The bad thing is there’s a lot of cheap G04 trash around :Z

Herrie, like how u’ve tested many discs, which brand G04s do u consider to be A+++? traxdata, datasafe? others?

[B]I just ordered NEC ND-2500A from NewEgg and now I am looking for blank media. What will be the best cheap DVD +R & -R media for it?

Ideally, would like to get 4x media which I can burn at 8x. [/B]

I got some Fujifilm-branded ProdiscS03 4x DVD-R media and its worked great. Was on sale at Best Buy: 50 pack for $49.99.

Burns at 4x with stock firmware, but burns at 6x with Herrie’s beta firmware, I believe. And 8x is supposed to be added in the next beta. Write quality tests at 6x looked very good.

I’ve also been going through my TDK 4x DVD+R (RICOHJPNR01 manufacture) and they burn great at 6x with the stock firmware. They burn at 8x with Herrie’s firmware as well.

Take a look at the “Testers Needed …” thread for a bunch of tests done on the drive with Herrie’s firmware at 6x and 8x. Should give you an idea of what’s worth buying.

[B]I just ordered NEC ND-2500A from NewEgg and now I am looking for blank media. What will be the best cheap DVD +R & -R media for it?

Ideally, would like to get 4x media which I can burn at 8x. [/B]

I purchased a spindle of 100 cmd (TTG01) form supermediawarehouse.com for $89. They have been working great.

best buy here in belgium (so i guess of no use for you) are the 8 speed platinums . These got the most interessting price/quality ratio IMO . They burn @ 8speed with the standard 1.06 fw and produce awesome quality sans as grimes posted a while back . They come in 2 flavors but both are great , CMC E01 and ricohjpn02 (if i remember correct) . You can buy these @ 1 euro per disk . Sadly my country will be introducing a .7 euro dvd tax starting may 1st :c , get em while their hot ;]

Originally posted by booma
Herrie, like how u’ve tested many discs, which brand G04s do u consider to be A+++? traxdata, datasafe? others?

I did not see a response to this question?

Herrie, any idea which brand G04 are A+++ quality?