Best cheap Blu ray player without wifi

vbimport

I’m looking for my first Blu ray player and already have a Roku LT for streaming content, but all the players I’m seeing have bundled streaming services, and judging from the reviews they don’t always work that well.

Are there any good, cheap, barebones DVD Blu ray players to be had?

Define cheap, Define barebones.

What are your expectations of the player?

:cool::cool:

Check eBay or Craig’s List. Look for an older one without Cinavia firmware on it if you plan to play rips

Yo-

Assuming you are in USA (you don’t say) I would recommend getting one of these:

(I currently own three of these and they are GREAT!!)

I would go for the refurbished ones (cheaper is better) and above all - [B][I][U]DON’T UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE!![/U][/I][/B] ('cause they put the copy protection chit in the new firmwares)

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2667502]Yo-

Assuming you are in USA (you don’t say) I would recommend getting one of these:

(I currently own three of these and they are GREAT!!)

I would go for the refurbished ones (cheaper is better) and above all - [B][I][U]DON’T UPGRADE THE FIRMWARE!![/U][/I][/B] ('cause they put the copy protection chit in the new firmwares)[/QUOTE]

I agree with big Mike, get a good cheap one like that and don’t upgrade the firmware.

I have a nice Sony BDP-S480 that someone in this house hit the yes to update the firmware on. Sucks the another someone forgot to turn off the update notice.

I had to replace it with a BDP-S370 that I got from Craig’s list for $50 new in box. I know for Sony the 580 and below are Cinavia free unless the firmware has been up dated

Cinavia sucks big harry donkey balls

I, also, want a Blu-ray player that does not have wifi . I made a HUGE mistake when buying a Samsung so-called “SMART” player. A total nightmare. It keeps trying to connect to the internet and all I want it to do is play my Blu-ray collection. Basically, the Samsung Blu-ray player is saying,[B] “Screw you. Connect me to the internet or I’ll make your life miserable AND I will not play Blu-ray discs until you give me what I want”.[/B]
Talking to Samsung tech service (chat) was like taking a class in “CRAZY 101”