Best CDRs for audio

<font color=crimson>I would just like to make a comment that will hopefully be helpful to others. I have been having problems with CDRs compatibility in home and car stereos. I burn my own audio CDs and sell to the public, therefore this is really an important issue for me. If you want a CDR that will work in almost any player buy the ones made in <font color=blue>Japan</font color>. It solved my problem! :smiley:

Originally posted by bcbunny

If you want a CDR that will work in almost any player buy the ones made in <font color=blue>Japan</font color>. It solved my problem!
Sure thing, it’s one of the major factors when it comes to CDRs compatibility.
Not to mention the drive you burn those CDRs with

:smiley:

<font color=crimson><font=courier>What burner are you using? I have a plextor and a sony. I just bought a scribe duplicator with a smart drive in it, not sure who makes it, hope it is good, got it for the automation of a thermal printer for my CDs, did not know it included a burner also. Also have a microboards automated duplication system on the way, guess they are supposed to be good I hope! <BR> I was tired of having to be there inserting CDs in the burner all the time. This should be great! Hopefully the burners are as good as my plextor! :smiley:

Originally posted by bcbunny

What burner are you using?
For audio ? Yamaha F1E ( primarily !), Plextor PX-W4012A & TEAC W540E.
For data - 4 LiteOns, DVD - Sony & Toshi.

See my scans of audio in CD-R(W) Media tests

Yamaha F1E 1.0g 700MB Audio

Drive Type = CD-RW
Disc Type = CDR (A+)
Material = Cyanine
Lead In = 97:24:01
Lead Out = 79:59:72
Nominal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 72f/LBA:359847)
Manufacturer Maybe = Taiyoyuden,DX Dye
Smart-Burn Speed Limit = Wrt(52X),Rd(52X)

Sold as Verbatim Pastel ( this one’s pink ) 48x

Yamaha’s Audio Master Mode = x0.85, bestCLV = approx. 7-8x

SW - Feurio