Best cdr for 48x writing?

vbimport

Can everyone post their experience about best cd-r that can be burned with smart-x enabled and at 48x and without any scandisk errors from cdspeed. I read on a forum someone did it with Ricoh type74 by Ritek(650M). It burns without any scandisk errors.

Hang on a while :wink:

I’ll try to make a test soon to determine which disc that is best for 48X recording.

But right now I’m damn short on time :frowning:

Burner1000 has a list @ cdrlabs.com which he wrote to with a LiteOn OEM 48X drive (Pacific Digital). Taiyo Yuden does very well consistently. Seems like you can’t go wrong with those discs. That’s why I bought a whole box of them :bigsmile: .

Tried Ritek 32x rated disc @48x. Burns @48x with no errors.

Received my TY 40X discs. Burned 5 discs @ 48X… 3 with NTI CD-Maker and 2 with Nero 5582. 0% errors on all 5.

Burns were based on playlists that were originally burned on Memorex and TDK 40X… every disc had errors ranging from .11% to 8%.

Looks like TY 40X is the way to go if you have a 48125W.

I can’t believe that some people are surprised when they try to use a slower rated disc and it produces errors. That speed certification is there for a reason. Yes some discs are better manufactured than others… but you shouldn’t be surprised.

Fuji Film 32X rated
Disc Type, Material = CD-R, Cyanine
ATIP Lead-in = 97m 24s 01f
Norminal Capacity = 702.83MB (79m 59s 73f)
Disc Manufacturer maybe = Taiyoyuden,Tuned-X
SMART-BURN Speed Limit = 40X

Burned at 40X no errors all green.

The only media I have that smartburn will burn at 48X is CMC 24X rated but all sorts of yellow errors.