Best cd to mp3 ripper

what is the best and most lightweight (no bells and whistles) cd to mp3 ripper

[QUOTE=kooftspc;1988079]what is the best and most lightweight (no bells and whistles) cd to mp3 ripper[/QUOTE]

Windows media player does a fine job, just set it to mp3 in the options .

Mine is CDex with the Lame encoder.

is EAC any good?

Yes. But you said ‘lightweight (no bells and whistles)’ so CDEx best fills the bill.

[QUOTE=Dialysis1;1988106]Mine is CDex with the Lame encoder.[/QUOTE]

Same here. :slight_smile:

I’m with the majority too. Cdex with the lame encoder is simple and very good. :slight_smile:

KAudioCreator in KDE is easy to use (with mppenc for me, as I prefer Musepack). Or gnormalize.

Yup, I’m another fan of CDex with LAME encoder…

br1anstorm

My vote is for Easy CD-DA extractor. Very good. Very easy to use. Been using it for years. Very good with updates too.

CDex and EAC running under Wine in Linux… or how to have your cake and eat it too :wink:

I’ve been playing with Xubuntu, which comes with a couple Gnome apps to complete the lightweight Xfce desktop, and found [B]Grip[/B] to be a very compact and well laid out ripper. With gogo @CBR it’s even useable on this old PII/333 :p. Bit tricky to find a suitable gogo 3.13 compile (the Ubuntu repositories have some obscure old 2.39b7 version), but Rarewares came to the rescue. Command line encoding is more than twice as fast than GUI, but I’d rather not bother with adding tags and playlist files manually, if it’s just a couple clicks one time in Grip :). Flac and mpc fly in comparison.

[QUOTE=philamber;1988833]I’m with the majority too. Cdex with the lame encoder is simple and very good. :)[/QUOTE]

Count me in with the rest. Been using CDex for years. Simple, works great, what else can I say?