Best cd-rs and where to buy them

hi guys im new here. i believe tho that ive read some where that the best cd-r is made by a company called ty something yuiden or something like that. what is the name of this company and where can i get these cd-rs? thanks guys

yep some will say they are the best & that this make is crap & that one is better than that one.The experts talk about this dye & that dye etc <<>> fine but me I got better things to worry about.

So I buy from a reputable trader & I ask him how good a CDR (or DVDR for that matter is) he tells me something like their OK but these are better or whatever.I buy as he recommends & only on a couple of occasions in many years did I get some crappo’s.He swapped em so there was no problem.

I dont know your location but in the UK the place to go for CDR is either the dealer/trader U know or from a reputable place on the web.
Once U find a good CDR that works well in your burner stick with it if U can.:wink:

Hi polishmafia4u, theyre called Tayio-Yuden (!BoSkin :wink: ) and they come in different shapes.If you use this and search for Tayio-Yuden you will end up with a lot of info to start with.There are Hp ,Maxell XL80-S ,Plextor branded T-Y´s./gs.

Originally posted by polishmafia4u
what is the name of this company and where can i get these cd-rs?
This might give you a clue :

TY can be found under the following brands

For the record: it’s Taiyo Yuden and not Tayio Yuden :stuck_out_tongue:

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
For the record: it’s Taiyo Yuden and not Tayio Yuden :stuck_out_tongue:
Yeah, g_s must have t@2ed it to remember the spelling :bigsmile:

i see that you actually have pictures of the TY media. do you know off of what webstie i can buy them? i prefer to buy ones that say “Taiyo Yuden” on them (like the ones in your pictures) than ones that are TY media but say TDK or whatever.

I found some at this link here…do a search on Yahoo! or Google for Taiyo Yuden Media and you’ll get plenty of hits.

http://www.cdrplanet.com/cdrplanet/cd-r-media–taiyo-yuden-cd-r-media.html

Limahl

(!remember taiyo yuden,taiyo yuden, taiyo yuden,taiyo yuden!)

Originally posted by polishmafia4u
i prefer to buy ones that say “Taiyo Yuden” on them (like the ones in your pictures)
Then you have to live in Japan for that matter.

When it comes to your online ordering, if you find any appropriate places,
make sure to check their shipping policies first.

Plextor Europe has a list of places where you can buy their products (here). Does that help?

Originally posted by G@M3FR3@K
Plextor Europe has a list of places where you can buy their products (here). Does that help?
Yet branded as Plextors. That’s not exactly what he seems to look for. :wink:

Originally posted by BoSkin
Then you have to live in Japan for that matter.

When it comes to your online ordering, if you find any appropriate places,
make sure to check their shipping policies first.

No, Taiyo Yuden That’s CD-R and DVD+R/-R products are also available in countries other than Japan.

Originally posted by Kenshin

No, Taiyo Yuden That’s CD-R and DVD+R/-R products are also available in countries other than Japan.
Oh, I’m sorry, quite forgotten > S.Korea as well :bigsmile:

Originally posted by BoSkin
Oh, I’m sorry, quite forgotten > S.Korea as well :bigsmile:

I actually meant “other countries” which is more than South Korea. It’s about the same all over the world. In South Korea, there are more OEM Taiyo Yuden CD and DVD media products than the original Taiyo Yuden That’s-branded ones. TY That’s CD-R media prices are almost identical in most countries. The OEM products are usually 50% to 80% lower. For example, the latest 4x Taiyo Yuden DVD+R/-R costs just US$1.x to OEM makers but That’s 4x DVD+R/-R costs US$2.x at retail.

Does anybody know an online-shop within the European Union? I desperately want the real TY and not some labelled “TDK”, etc. I already found some US-stores, but shipping and customs/taxes are too high.

Some more info: because I couldn’t find japanese media here (Germany) I bought some media “HiSpace” (made by MPO, France). They are supposedly good-quality but at 16x they already give 4 C1/sector in LiteOn with DiscDoctor, written at 8x they’re even worse: 4,2 C1/sector. I did not dare to write at higher speeds. Will check them in the Premium with PlexTools Prof., since they report much more errors, I suppose I should get a vomiting bucket ready :frowning:

Kind regards Frederick

I actually meant “other countries” which is more than South Korea.
I guess I knew what you meant, anyway.

Well, the fact that we, living in Europe, are wondering where to find the original Taiyo Yuden That’s-branded CDRs
perhaps means that most of the EU is not fit in with your definition of “other countries”.
Lucky you that you have your chance to choose between this and That’s :wink: .
There’s no such possibility here in Sweden - TY media is hard to find here.
By saying “to live in Japan for that matter”, I literally meant it,
'coz those That’s pics were taken from a Japanese site.
Nothing more, nothing less.

There’s no such possibility here in Sweden - TY media is hard to find here.

Dear BoSkin, I´ve menchend this before ,if you care for the second best(? who cares what name there is on the disc as long it´s TY´s) why not trythis?I assum this is as close to The Original we can get here in Sweden?/gs

Dear g_s,

why not to try [COLOR=purple]this instead ? LOL ![/COLOR]

Yes , you´re right as always BoSkin./gs.