Best Buy recommended me this app:

vbimport

This app, is awesome! It tell ya all sorts of information of your machine like: Everything you installed motherboard type
and hot fixes available simply remarkable! The reason they recommended me this app was to determine what kinda RAM I needed and, it told me so… Give it a try…it’s FREE!

Belarc Advisor Free Dowbnload

:bow:

yes very good. :clap: ive used it little over a year now courtesy of folks here at cdfreaks.

[QUOTE=troy512;2104425]yes very good. :clap: ive used it little over a year now courtesy of folks here at cdfreaks.[/QUOTE]

hehehe…have you tried this one:
PC Wizard 2008.1.85.2
:sad:

[quote=Macrovision3500;2104322]This app, is awesome!

Belarc Advisor Free Dowbnload[/quote] Hehe, this reminds me of a news article about an older version of this software whose “Upload results to your webspace” function helped others finding serialz :bigsmile:

actually yes, i have pc wizard v 1.80, which i found because some else here recommended cpu-z. i thought both were pretty cool.

i used to visit pcpitstop.com frequently, there are way to many ads now for daily visits. you can still use the free service but the ads and in your face software makes the use of their service almost unbearable. you can still run the test and do manual fixes just have to ignore the ads for buying their software.
http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/default.asp

Belarc advisor will tell you how many slots you have and what memory is installed but it will not tell you the specs you need to order memory.
Newegg has a Memory Configurator that will help you figure out what memory to buy. Why someone at best buy would tell you that belarc will tell you what memory to buy I do not know, because it will not.
Buy from newegg you will get better info and a better price. You can used the belarc advisor to see what is installed then use newegg memory configurator to tell you what to buy. a lot of the companies that build computers make it hard to upgrade without replacing what is already there. Example your computer has two slots for memory so the computer company will install two 256 sticks instead of one 512 stick. This means if you want to increase to 1g you will have to replace bothe 256 with two 512 or leave one 256 stick and add a 1g stick.

The only time i would listen to anyone at Best Buy is if they said they will sell what i might buy for cheaper than the price listed.

[QUOTE=mciahel;2104483]Hehe, this reminds me of a news article about an older version of this software whose “Upload results to your webspace” function helped others finding serialz :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, I remember that :bigsmile:

But yes, Belarc Advisor is indeed handy software.

There’s another good free one called SIW - System Information for Windows.

Here’s the link if you want to check it out.

now thats a nice little app. thank you

Eureka!

Belarc, Everest and PC Wizard are all good and free.

:flower:

Hehe, this reminds me of a news article about an older version of this software whose “Upload results to your webspace” function helped others finding serialz
:iagree:

I think I have tried all of the suggested software above over the past 2-3 years, including Belarc and SIW. Perhaps I am overly [B]paranoid[/B] but I think a bit of caution is needed in using some of the latest “free” offerings.:eek:, as some of the information these programs are capable of acquiring can be considered “[I]sensitive[/I]”.
Myself, I run these " system information tools" only while offline, and in addition establish firewall policies to categorize these programs as “Not Trusted” and “Blocked” on all ports for ingoing and outgoing.
I still use them, but primarily to see what personal information I have left dangling about for “outsiders” to potentially acquire.:o