Best Buy Fuji Deals 11/14 - 11/20

vbimport

Best Buy has Fuji 50 packs, +r and -r, for $19.99 this week.

Good deal.The normal sale on these is $29 with a $5 mir.Just make sure you get the made in Japan spindle.

I was just in my local store Friday night and all they had both + and - were made in Japan and looked like TY wrappers.

At the same time I picked up 2 25 spindles of the TDK + 8x for 9.99. They are the WORST TDKs I’ve ever had (at least on my NEC 2500A). They’re CMC E01 8X and the best I’ve had (Kprobe, 411s@811s) was PI Max just over 200, some over 500. Out of 8 burned, 2 had PI max in the low 200’s, a couple were in the 300 range, a couple in the 400 range, and 2 over 500. I’m taking the other spindle back. PO was generally 6 or under, but one spike was 63 (I assume that was an anomaly). So far, all have played fine in a Philips DVP-642 despite the high PI. (By contrast, HP 4x +R CMC’s have been giving me consitent results of PI max in the low 20’s with average in the single digits when burned on the 2500A and scanned on the 411@811. I tried the TDK at 4, 6, and 8 and found 6 gave the best results but with a sample so far of 8 pieces, the results may be random)

Just looked at my local ads for BB and they are $39.99 with a $20 MIR…I’m still waiting on my last MIR for $5 lol

Just got back from my local BB (Florida, I moved recently) -

Picked up 2x50 packs of the Fuji DVD+Rs, made in Japan. Haven’t opened them yet.
The rebate is instant - they rang up at the register as $39.98 for both packs.

Could be…i’m just going by what my ad says…i’ll make it over to BB this week and do a price check. Thanx for the info

Just opened a pack, here’s the output from DVD Identifier:

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD+R:YUDEN000-T02-000]

Disc Type : [DVD+R]
Manufacturer ID : [YUDEN000]
Manufacturer Name : [Taiyo Yuden Co. Ltd.]
Media Type ID : [T02]
Product Revision : [Not Specified]
Disc Application Code : [General Purpose]
Recording Speeds : [1x , 2.4x , 4x , 6x-8x]
Blank Disc Capacity : [2,295,104 Sectors = 4,482.6MB = 4.38GB (4.70GB)]

[DVD Identifier - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com]

:bow:

That’s what i get here also…people say they have probs with the Fuji TY02’s but i haven’t. I have a $10 BB Rewardzone coupon just waiting to be used.

Keep an eye for bubbles in the surface of the discs, within an inch or so of the edge of the disc. Don’t know if they affect readability, but a fair number of people have been finding them in this batch of TYs. They’re very small, but when you catch them in the light, they’re definitely there.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but the discs are coming out of the cakebox dirty. I’m finding little black and white flecks scattered across the surface of the disc. Can’t say that this is exactly encouraging.

And it looks like I am among those who have troubles…
For whatever reason, I ccaot attach the scan pic (here or in media forum, too), But results are far from stellar
PI max=1388, avg=86.84 total=1384363
PF max=82, avr=7.06 total=112509

and the PI highest points end around 2219Eh

Liteon 411@811S HS0R

Can anybody confirm if this media still got the 2gb syndrome, and/or spikes near the end?

tik-tak: there’s must be something wrong, I never see TY media with that kind of scan.

are these dvds? or cds? hmmm?

dvd’s…zevia will let you know when i get my BenQ tomorrow and running some tests. Might need your help as to what f/w sequence i need when i see what f/w it has…if you would?

jaime
by the look of of the price they are Dvd

…I just did a 16x burn (damn RecordNow went with max speed without asking!) on an NEC 3500 with Liggy’s Beta 8 and all’s I got was a tiny little dip near the end on a CD-DVD Speed test. Seems OK to me, at least for the batch I got.

edit - it was a full disc, at ~4.2GB.

If you take the Circuit City flyer with you to Best Buy, you can get TWO spindles for $19.99

There’s a coupon from Circuit City for Buy One Get One Free on any DVD media and Best Buy will price match that.

that deal would be insane :eek:

I’ve been screwed out of 2-3 rebates on Fujis from Best Buy. So that might as well read $40 to me. Oh well.
:a

^jesterrace:
thats an instant rebate. so they give u the discs straight up $19.99. plus if u get the bb mailers they have another 12% off coupon. anyone try the circuit city price match deal metioned in post above???

Bestbuy pricematch policy allow to do it within local or 20 minutes drive. I live in a small city and the nearest CC is an hour drive.