Best Buy Dell 21.5" 1920x1080 for $159.99 - Any Good?

vbimport

On paper seems to be good with .248 mm pixel pitch so density is good and good spec are listed. Opinions please on this? Is it a good monitor for a good price?

Thank you

[QUOTE=SubZero;2456638]On paper seems to be good with .248 mm pixel pitch so density is good and good spec are listed. Opinions please on this? Is it a good monitor for a good price?

Thank you[/QUOTE]

Yo-

You can get a 24 inch name brand monitor for not much more and get a much LARGER screen size-eh!!

[QUOTE=bigmike7;2456689]Yo-

You can get a 24 inch name brand monitor for not much more and get a much LARGER screen size-eh!![/QUOTE]

Thank you for reply

I like less of the pixelation with more clarity from finer grain of dot pitch measurements. That provides sharp clear image with no blur by compare. I think Dell makes good models but am not sure of pricing levels

Back when I bought my Dell 20" WS LCD I paid a lot more for it than that price
at Dell.com something like well over $300.00 back then. I really love it, I’m not
sure what the specs were on it but it is crystal clear and no bluring what so ever
even while watching fast action fast moving movies. I’m not really sure how good
the newer models are like the 21.5" but for the price I wouldn’t pass on it if that is
the size you are looking for and the size you want.

You can get larger size but people pay premium for quality of Samsung and Dell.I am really happy with my Asus 23.6 which would have been $180 or so but I stole as open box (and got it with some "swish marks on plastic indicating some use) but no bad pixels for $130.Crazy good price and luck from Newegg.Check out reviews there and Tiger D and you’ll see what folks say.My other source CNET say’s Dells excell and are worth premium so you be judge of what you need.
Chazz

Thank you for replies

I have seen it with DVI up close and find it is a very bright and very sharp crisp clear to view.

It does not have a base that is height adjustable I think and you can’t tilt much at all and no rotate 90 degrees on the stand though so maybe some won’t like it. It does not scale right during games even if you configure it right in the Nvidia driver settings.

If people know about those limits and find them acceptable then if they like wide screen this is easy to tell people to buy.

That is what I’m using on mine DVI it makes a world of difference in picture quality
mine is height adjustable, lots of tilt up down, side to side, and full 90° rotation I
guess that is why it cost me so much when I bought it.

The stands on all LCD displays in this price range sucks. They are not acceptable for everyday use.

Fortunately Ergotron makes an adjustable stand specifically for this purpose. Seems silly to spend $50 for a stand on a $150 screen, I guess that is just how the market is anymore.

3M OEM’s the exact same stand, it can be found in Staples stores across the US and I would guess in similar stores.